Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stars have aligned!

It seems like I've had extremely good luck today! I woke up to a text from my friend Julia that said that her class had gotten canceled on Friday, so immediately we started to discuss where we wanted to go, and we decided to go to London!!! So we luckily found a cheap hostel for about 12 pounds a night, and then the bus came right at the exact time that we walked outside so we got onto the bus and went to the train station. While we were on our bus we weren't sure how to get to the train station at all, and a lady overheard us debating where to get off the bus and she was like you girls don't really know where you're going do you? And we admitted that no we really didn't so she told us to follow her off the bus and she'd tell us how to get there. So she gave us GREAT directions and we got there really quickly! We got into town with enough time to get lunch, and we went to our tutorial for the day and it was canceled today! So we had extra time to make plans. So we decided that we would head back to our dorms, and as we walked outside the bus arrived that would take us up... so we hopped on real quick and made it home with enough time to pack before my last class of the day!!

So it looks like we're going to London tonight! Woohoo!! We're taking an over night train and arriving in London at 8 in the morning. Julia has a friend who lives in London who we'll probably meet up with eventually. We only had to book at hostel for Friday and Saturday, because we're booking an overnight train to come back to Scotland! We are just going to store our luggage at her friend's flat for the day while we go around London! So it's been a really really lucky day, and I'm super excited about going to London! I just wanted to give everyone a quick update... I don't know how often I'll be able to Skype in London, but our hostel does have free WIFI so I should be able to hop on sometime during the trip!!! Yaaay!

Since it's the first week of class most of my classes have been canceled today, except for the last one of the day which is at 4 (so about 30 mins for now) so I'm all packed up and taking my stuff to class with me, and then Julia and I are catching the bus right after class to go into town to the train station!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...