Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday!

That was the post that I meant to make yesterday, but do to my internet not working for most of the day I was unable to post it with the pictures. And I didn't think that the post would be half as good if you couldn't see the ice for yourself... so I decided to hold off and wait until the internet started working again to post.

That means you are getting two posts today to make up for the lack of a post yesterday! Woohoo! Last night Jessie, Nathan, and I went to see The Lovely Bones. It was a super sad movie, and it kind of creeped us out. After the movie we were walking to catch the last bus of the night, and the bus came 5 minutes early and it was JUST pulling off when we walked onto the street so there was no catching it. We were all like ohhh great... walking home in the dark that's exactly what I want to do after watching that movie. Jessie and I were really glad that Nathan was with us haha. Even though he said he wouldn't protect us if a creepy guy came up haha but we figured him just being there would keep creepy guys away.

As we were walking this old guy actually did come up to us, and he was like would you girls like an all day bus pass, and Jessie and I were like... ahhh. Jessie actually needed a bus pass (this was on our way to the bus stop) but she was like yeah I don't feel like talking to creepy old men that are trying to lure me over to them right now. Nathan and I were both like yeah... I think I'd just pay for the bus tonight too haha.

We ended up catching a different bus that brought us to the bottom of the hill that our flats are at, so we just had to walk up the hill to make it home so it wasn't too bad. Except that it was so icy that we had to walk on the street.

Speaking of which... my flatmate just informed me that she doesn't want to go to class today because she's been hearing that everyone is falling down today because of the ice. She said that her boyfriend fell down three times in a row and couldn't even get up to walk because of all the ice. So yeah! I wasn't kidding about it being icy here! Apparently enough people complained about falling down the hill at Seaton Park that they actually did throw some salt down it today... why it took people complaining about it for it to happen... I have no clue. I guess they decided it was time to get rid of their entertainment haha.

So since I only have class two days a week, and I have a ton of spare time I'm considering entering in a survey group where they pay you to do surveys online. My only hesitation is that I have to pay $39.99 to join it. If anyone has done anything like this and it has actually paid off please let me know!

Have a great Monday! It's time for me play some cards! :)

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...