Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Beach Day!

Today Julia and I didn't have class so we decided to head down to the beach!! The beach really isn't all that far away from us, and it was a nice day. We hung around the beach for a while, and then we went to Pizza Hut for lunch. I know... very creative, right?? Here we are in Scotland and we decide to go to Pizza Hut, but honestly it was nice for a change. You can only go to new random places that you don't know for so long, until you cave for the cheap brand name food that you're familar with. The Pizza Hut here was nearly as good as the one back home. The pizza tasted about the same, but they didn't have any marinarra sauce to dip the pizza in. :( And they are more of a sit down restraunt here. They also have a large list of desserts! It was pretty shocking. But anyways here are some pictures of our day at the beach!

Here is a view of the city behind us.
I'm not sure if you can see all of the hills from here, but I couldn't help but think of what a great four wheeling area this would be. There are all kinds of little hills, and I'm sure it would be lots of fun.


Here is a view of the beach. As you look down the coast you see tons of these structures in the water. Julia and I weren't 100% sure on what they were or what their purpose is exactly... but we think it has something to do with preventing erosion...??

It was very sunny out today, and the sky was really blue! Very pretty.

Another shot of the beach. If you look you can kind of see the light house in the distance by where all of the clouds are.

There I am!

There is Julia! It was a little bit chiller today, especially near the beach... but the weather really isn't that bad. The sun is already setting later and later each day. When we first got here it was setting around 4:40, and I'm pretty sure that it set more around 5 today. So yay for having more daylight soon!

Ok ok ok... I know! A lot of pictures of the beach! I can't help it. I really like watching waves, and just the ocean in general. It's another one of my "subjects" that are very photogentic!


Here is the last one. You can kind of see down the coast a little bit. You can really see all of the wave breakers in this picture. Julia and I have vowed that we are going to be at the beach sometime this week/weekend during the sunset. So I'm sure I'll have a lot more pictures then! After the beach we ran to Morrison's which is the grocery store in town, and I found apple juice!! Woohoo! A little bit of variety in my life! It sure is going to be nice to get to drink something besides water for a change!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...