Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A lack of...

Well after my crazy long post all about London yesterday I'm feeling like my day today has been significantly less interesting. I just went to class and ate dinner basically today. So I think I'll talk about some of the things that Aberdeen lacks...

The first thing that Aberdeen lacks is SNOW! Haha sorry I just had to mention that one! I've gotten reports for a couple of reliable sources that it's snowing really hard back home. I hate to rub it in, but I didn't even wear a jacket today... and our grass is extradonarily green. It really shocks me whenever I walk outside at how green everything here is... I'm not used to anything being green during this time of the year. It's an interesting change. It actually feels a little surreal and weird to me. I'm not really sure why it feels so strange... I guess I've lived through too many Ohio winters to expect anything different.

The second thing Aberdeen lacks is variety. They sell 6 types of drinks. Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange Fanta, sparkling water (lemonade), and water. I went inside of a McDonalds the other day and they only had 4 choices of drinks! I was like... WHAT! I can not find any juice here. My roommate from Finland didn't even know what I meant by juice. And the sad part is it's not even REAL coke or sprite or fanta. They don't taste the same at all and are kind of gross! Especially the fanta... it's like carbonated orange juice. Bleh! Ohh what I would give for a nice Gatorade or V8 Fusion right about now!!!

Also they don't have any cookies, cakes, pies, and hardly any candy bars. It's really strange. They have biscuits here. And I don't care what anyone says... a biscuit is not a cookie! Haha! Although I did find a twix buscuit finger candy which is alright hahaha!

They also have about 5 or 6 different types of cereal and chips/crisps here. Luckily for me I really like Cheerios and they happen to have that, but they don't have any type of cereal that would have any sugar in it. And as far as chips go... it's slim pickens! I did get pringles rice infusions sweet BBQ Spare Rib Flavour. It tasted very... interesting. The other chips come in really odd flavors too.

The scary part is my roommate from Finland says that they have more junk food in the UK than they do in her country! And I was like.... whaaat?? Haha! No wonder why Americans are over weight! Jeez! Burger King even has healthy options. They have something called chicken bites, and they are legitmately pretty good. It's just hard to adjust to! You can't believe what kind of cravings you get for things when they are no longer available to you.

I think the only thing this place doesn't lack at all is alcohol! Phew! It's no surprise to me that people in Europe drink a lot! There aren't that many other options, and it's not that much of a difference in price to buy alcohol than a regular pop.

But besides that it's pretty nice here. I have a strange feeling that with all the walking I've been doing and the forced lack of anything with sugar in it I'll probably lose a lot of weight here! Overall it's pretty cool. :)

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...