Monday, April 19, 2010

Song of the Week!

I know that this blog is a little bit late, because I really meant this post to be the song of last week! Eep! Sorry about my lack of steady blogging. I know that my blogs have been coming in crazy waves, but with all the traveling I was doing it was the best I could do. I will hopefully blog more faithfully from now on! Or at least I'll make an attempt to do so! :) But last week I was really inspired by a man that was on my tour. He actually will probably never even realized that he inspired me. The song is "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jdE3z8QFVI&feature=related

I think that it's a really inspiring song, and that people should take it to heart. I think there are two types of people in this world... and I love how on my trip I got to meet both types. The first type of person is someone who can make any type of situation bad, and can feel sorry for theirself even when everything around them is good. They find the bad in everything, and usually over look the good. And then you have the other type of people. The type of people that make the most out of life, and take the opportunities they are given and try to make the most out of what they have got... and they don't focus on what they don't have.

I really am striving to be the second type of person. I made a list of things that I'd like to do. It's not a huge list, and by no means is it complete or final... it changes with time. Things come on the list, or come off of it... but I am pretty pleased that I have accomplished a fair amount of my objectives on my list. And if I haven't completed them I have plans that will entail completing them soon. I encourage everyone reading this to make your own list of things you'd like to do. You'd be amazed by having it in writing in front of you makes you strive to do it. Don't just say "Oh yeah, someday that would be nice." Make it happen. I made a list before I came to the UK/Europe of places I wanted to go and things that I'd like to see while I'm hear... and I'm very proud to say I've almost accomplished my list. I still have a few more months to go here, and I already have my other objectives booked and ready for me to do :)

However, there is one thing that I'm a little bit sad about. I received an email from the Dean of the business college that said "Free trip to Hong Kong" by competing in a case studying. I would have LOVED to have done that, but I have to be in BG by May in order to complete the first part of it... so it looks like I'm going to miss out on it. But hopefully it'll come again in the future. Maybe there will be one next year that I can participate in. :)

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...