Sunday, April 25, 2010

Beware!

So two things have happened to me in the past couple of days that I feel that I must share with you. First of all, I have been drinking A LOT of water lately, and I was just getting sick and tired of not drinking anything with flavor. I'm not a huge pop drinker as it is, and I really don't like the pop that they have here so I don't drink it often... So what else is there to buy?? It was a hard decision, because there weren't any brand names of stuff... so I wasn't sure what the good drinks were. I decided to just get a cheap Morrison brand. I was looking through the names of all of the drinks and there was one called Apple Squash. And I was like what kind of flavor is Apple Squash?? Well it looked like just regular apple juice so I decided that it would be a good option to try. BLEH! I took a sip of it, and it tasted almost like it was carbonated! It was GROSS!! I almost threw it away, but I carried it home. And my roommate Kris told me that it was syrup! Apparently squash means syrup here and I didn't know it! You're supposed to get a glass of water and pour a little bit of it in to flavor it. I tried it and with the water in it it wasn't too bad! Go figure!! I would have never known... I've never heard of such a thing, and it looked like it was ready to be drunk. It's not like thick syrup or anything. It looks identical to apple juice... But boy don't let that trick ya!!

Also Scotland's weather is very interesting! One second it will be bright blue and the sun will be shining the next moment it will start raining with hail included! I was just walking along enjoying the bright blue sky looking at the flowers, and then I started to get pelted with hail! I was like... where the heck did that come from! Instead of the clouds being completely white here they'll be a little bit gray. So there will be blue skies complete with tons of sunshine, but then the clouds will loom over you, and you won't even notice that they are gray at all until it starts raining/hailing on you!!

When it happened everyone was looking around in shock, because it was probably THE most random hail storm I have ever been apart of... especially since I wasn't expecting it at all! Beware of the sneaky Scotland weather!!

On a happy note I just found out that I am officially catching a plane to come home on June 2nd instead of the originally scheduled June 12th flight home! Since my exams ended early there wasn't any reason to not come home earlier, and it wasn't a problem to change my flight! Yay!! Not that I don't love it here, but I've seen just about everything that I want, and I know by then I'll be ready to go home! :)

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...