Saturday, April 17, 2010

Current Disaster

I know that everyone has probably heard about the volcano that erupted in Iceland which has crippled Europe's flight industry. I was very lucky. My tour ended the day after the volcano exploded, but my group already had a ferry booked back to London. So I made it into London safely without any hassles. I also had already booked my busses to Edinburgh and Aberdeen so I haven't been affected by any of this mess. I am not stranded... I'm perfectly fine in my hostel in Edinburgh which I am thankfully in for the rest of the night. I had a little hiccup before... I had a different hostel booked originally and I accidently booked it for Friday night instead of Saturday night like I needed, but I got lucky and had internet access on Megabus (which NEVER happens) I just so happened to get switched to a brand new bus... and it happened to have it. So I was able to find and book a hostel pretty easily. So no problems there!!

Also, I have been trying to email home and let my mom know that ash is not falling down upon me or anything. My email is being screwy and it won't let me send emails out. So I'm hoping that you get the message. No one is wearing breathing masks, and it's actually bright blue sun shinning skies here. There isn't any affect of the volcano at all... except that flights have been canceled because of it. I know that Jessie is stranded in Paris along with some other people... And I know that most of the people that were on my tour from Australia and New Zealand are stranded in London... and the airports aren't refunding flights or anything. I hope that all my friends make it back safely!!

But overall I was pretty lucky in this mess. It's not really affected me personally at... just several of my friends. I'm hoping that my friends aren't going to miss further flights because of this. I haven't been able to check out the news so I don't know if the volcano is letting up yet or not. Last I heard the explosion was becoming more intense! Yikes! It's not a fun feeling being stranded. Especially because a lot of hotels are filling up, because people need the extra rooms... :( I know I was really worried when I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to find a place to stay in Edinburgh or not. But luckily for me things worked out.. so no need to worry! Hopefully I'll be able to post some more updates tonight. My own computer is having issues connecting to the wifi here, but hopefully I'll get it up and running soon and start posting some updates!!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...