Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Overall

I know that saying this is probably obvious... but I'll say it anyways... I think the trip I went on was one of the best experiences I've ever had. I loved just about all aspects of the trip. It was fascinating to get to go to other countries and get to experience some of the most amazes places in the world.

After this trip I feel a huge sense of awe to any person that can speak multiple languages. I don't know why I never considered this a big deal before, but after coming to Europe it's something that really impresses me, and it's a capability that I truly wish to accomplish. I feel like I would really like to study some more now and really try to at least learn how to speak Spanish properly. I think that even a basic level of understanding and knowledge of different languages is very important.

Would I recommend Cosmos Tours to other people? I would absolutely recommend going on a tour of Europe, and I don't think that there is any other better way to go across Europe than with a tour group. I thought it was excellent, and I learned so much more by being in a group than I could have ever learned on my own. The one thing that I didn't like about Cosmos is that the location of the hotels are not ideal for going back into the city. We rarely had hotels that were ideally located. I have heard that the company Globus is the parent company of Cosmos and their tours are a little bit more expensive, but I hear that they make up for in the accommodations. Besides that I thought that the tour was excellent. I do have one word of caution for you though... If you are going by yourself think very carefully about whether or not you would like a single suppliment or not. I got stuck with a very unpleasant person during my tour, but to me it was worth the money that I saved to share the room.

Despite it all I'm glad that I met each and every one of the people that were on my tour... regardless of whether or not I got along with them. I think that you meet everyone for a reason, and that every person you come across can teach you something. There were some truly lovely inspiring people on my tour that I really admire. On the other hand of that I'm glad that I also met a person on the opposite spectrum as well, because it really puts things into perspective to me, and it makes me thankful that I haven't passed up any opportunities in my life... and it makes me continue to strive to take the opportunities that come along. It's always fascinating to share stories, and learn about people from different places in the world. I really got to know a lot of Australians and New Zealanders on my trip!! The different sayings and philosophies that they have really amaze me. It was also interesting to hear their views about 9/11 and to learn what they think of America in general. It seems that every country in the world was affected by 9/11, and I guess before I didn't realize how big of an effect it had on the world. In Italy I had to show them my passport in order to get onto the internet, and I had to sign a paper saying that I understood that they were monitoring me to make sure that I wasn't a terrorist. Even when you're an innocent person, and you sign a paper that says "We are watching you" it's like "Ohhh snap! I hope I don't sign onto anything bad!"

While I did enjoy Europe... I sure am glad that I'm an American. I miss home, and all of the choices and options that we have in the United States. I never realized how great our country is until I went to several other ones. I miss everything that is in the US. The world is becoming more global, and most cities look a lot alike from country to country... but the cities in the US are different. In Madrid we walked around for an hour trying to find a proper restaurant to eat at, and Madrid is the capital city of Spain!! I don't know... it's just a lot of differences like that. I miss home, and as much as I loved my trip and wouldn't trade it for anything... I'm glad that I'm going to be coming home to the good old USA!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...