Monday, March 29, 2010

Switzerland!

Alright so the blog that I wrote for Amsterdam is very very long. It was over 3 pages long in a Word document... so I am not going to retype it all out until I can figure out how to import it into my blog. If anyone has any insight into this please please please help!! I am also going to skip over the blog that I wrote for last night as well which was about Germany. They are both really good blogs in my humble opinion... I have a lot of great stories in them... but they'll hopefully be posted within the next couple of days. I have a great hope that my friend Michael will be able to help me figure out how upload my blogs. No pressure buddy... hahaha!

Anyways! Today we will move onto Switzerland! SUCH a gorgeous, friendly, safe place... Of the places I have been I loved Switzerland the most. I've had a great past couple of days here, and my hotel is in a great location in the heart of the city. The Swiss Alps are really beautiful, and they are surrounded by a huge lake that is crystal clear. You can see all the way to the bottom of it, and there are ducks and swans swimming all of the place. I took SO many pictures today of the Alps! I had the chance to go on a boat cruise around Lake Lucerne (which is where we are staying) and it was really peaceful and nice. I met an older couple from Arizona and they loved Danny. Apparently, there grandson gave them his own Flat Stanley a few years ago and they were talking to me about it. After the river cruise I went on an exucursion to the top of the Alps!! It was pretty cold up there, but the view was really great. I took a bunch of pictures up there too!!

In the middle of the alps there was a glacier that had been craved out, and we got to go inside of it. It had lights that changed colors all throughout it and you were able to play music inside of it. It had all kinds of different types of music, and we put it on "popular" and the song "Ice ice baby" came on, and I thought it was hilarous!!! I couldn't stop laughing, because of course we were surrounded by this beautiful ice. I took a lot of pictures of that too!! Sorry that it will take so long for you to see them. I'm super bummed about it.

The only downfall that I've seen of Switzerland is that things are soooo expensive here! For a reference 20 chicken nuggets at Burger King were 19 franks! Which is crazy!!! They had an under 8 frank menu instead of a dollar menu! The exchange rate for Euro to Franks are like 1.40 so I get money here!! Yippeee!! About time!! But the prices in Switzerland don't make it very good... They do take Euros here in some places though. It was sooo awesome. I bought a keychain and a postcard in a gift shop with 20 Euros and got 24 franks back.... and I was like yippeee!!! Haha. At first I thought that the girl made a mistake, and I stared stupidly at the money she handed me. I understood once I looked at the receipt. Happy days! I saved most of my Switzerland money as suverniors though haha.

Oh wow! I just tried to do a spell check and just about every word is highlighted as spelled wrong! I guess because I'm in a different country??? I don't know. So if I have misspelled words you'll have to excuse me!

The coffee shop that I am currently in plays awesome music. It makes me really happy. They are playing Kokomo right now. :)

Before I came on this trip I thought that I was doing pretty good with being a well traveled person, but after talking to some of these people on my trip I realize there are a LOT of places in the world that I still need to make it to! Almost everyone here has been thoroughout all of the United States, most of Asia, and a bunch of other places. It's pretty impressive talking to these people... a lot of them have been on multiple trips like this, but most of them are at LEAST 20 years older than me haha. So I guess I have time...

But I would highly reccommend Switzerland to anyone that was looking for a nice happy place to take a vacation. It's very laid back, and only speaking English hasn't been a problem at all. I tried to speak German in a shop today, and the girl was like... ughh you can speak English here you know. And I was like ohh gee haha It was funny.

I'm super excited about tomorrow. I'm making my way into Italy!! Yippee!! We are going to Verona and ending up in Venice tomorrow :) which should be great. Hopefully my hotel there will have free wifi haha. My tour director said that some do. If so maybe I'll actually be able to Skype some! Yaaay! I have a really early day tomorrow. 6 am wake up call again! Ugh! it's alright though I'll just have to go to bed at a reasonable time haha. I wish that I had pictures on me of back home to show everyone. They all want to know about Ohio, and they want to see what it looks like. It's nice for me because they are all mostly Australians and I've been to their country before so when they talk about their home I reasonably know what they are talking about. It's nice meeting different people.

I've been doing a new thing with Danny. I've been taking pictures with him with the people that he meets. Danny has met people from New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Arizona, Colorado, Indonesia, Australia, and etc... So it's pretty cool to take pictures of him and then describe the people that he's met, because everyone has a different background and it's interesting.

But today has been an absolutely fantastic day. It's only 6:37 pm but I'm exhausted! I'm ready to go to bed soon haha, but I'll probably be on my computer for a little while longer. I hope everyone thats reading my blog has a guten nacht! Or good night in German! :)

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...