Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Flat Danny

Before I left Becky told me about a project one of her fellow teachers was doing with her class. They have a project called "Flat Stanley." Flat Stanley was a little boy that got flattened and went all across the world, and had his picture taken at each place that he went. So the kids in the class are to make their own Flat Stanley, and they mail it to someone in a different country. That person sends them one as well, and they each take pictures of each others flat Stanley and then they write to each other about what their country is like, and stuff like that...


Well I agreed to take on a flat Stanley for their entire 2nd grade class. You might ask why the title of this message is flat Danny instead of flat Stanley, and that is easily explained because my flat person is not Stanley. A little boy in the class made my flat person, and I believe his name is Danny. So alas I have flat Danny!! Here are some pictures with Danny's adventures in Aberdeen and Glasgow! Due to the fact that EVERYTHING in Glasgow was made out of stone Julia and Kris were my helpful assistants while I was taking pictures of Danny!
Yes. Julia is hilarious!
Danny was thinking about buying a kilt.
He isn't afraid of heights!
It looks like they are hitch hiking! But you can see the red stone buildings in the background which is typical of Glasgow buildings.
A close up of Danny. Only a little bit scary haha.
But he liked the highland cows too!
Don't worry he is being careful while crossing the street too.
These are just some of Aberdeen.

I don't know if I've mentioned in my blog yet or not that Pizza Hut is considered a sit down restaurant here. You call tell how big it is if you look on the second floor.

Just showing off the stone work in Aberdeen!

Just the city


He sticks on poles in Aberdeen! Yay!

But yes that is Danny!! Glad that you've been formally introduced now! :) Danny will be coming with me on all of my adventures so you might see another picture or two of him!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...