Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wedding Dress Shopping!

Here is the story of how I found my wedding dress!  After researching and browsing online I knew that I was interested in a ballgown dress that had a corset in it.  I first started shopping for my dress on April 26 2014 with my cousin Hannah.  We went to David's Bridal and Catan's.  I probably tried on dresses for HOURS that day.  I had to have tried on at least 30 dresses.  I had a really positive time at David's Bridal in Strongsville.  The lady helped me get into the dresses and even if they didn't have a dress that was in the right size they were able to clip it so that I would see what it looked like. Then we went to Catan's and the lady there helped me pick out dresses, but she left it to me to get them all on by myself.  I have to say this was a REAL challenge!  Some of those dresses are super heavy!  And they didn't have any clips to show you want a dress would look like in your size.  So I ended up trying to hold the dresses up and pull them back.  It's not big shock that I ended up not really liking anything that I tried on from Catan's.  They had high prices for their dresses and then they lacked the customer service that I got from David's Bridal so I did not feel any need to go back there to look for dresses in the future.


At the end of our shopping trip that day this dress was my top contender.  For about a week I really thought that this was the dress that I was going to get.  The only problem with this dress was that it had a zipper back and did not have a corset.  My best friend, Hannah, had just gotten married about a year before I was looking for dresses, and I remembered that her dress had a corset in it.  I really think that a corset makes a wedding dress special because it's a process to get into the dress, and I think that she got some really cute pictures while getting her dress on.  I could have put a corset into this dress for a couple hundred dollars, and I was considering it.  I actually brought my mom to David's Bridal the next weekend on May 3rd to look at this dress.


 While we were there we tried on some other dresses and I came across this dress.  It had the corset that I liked already built into it.  And I liked the way that I looked in the dress a whooole lot more than the other dress!  So this is the dress I decided to go with!


I love how the corset looks in the back!  To me that's just how a wedding dress should look!


I also really loved how the train looked.  It's hard to see it in the pictures, but the train is gorgeous!
 

When you say "Yes to the dress"  David's Bridal gives you a bell to ring.  It's supposed to be good luck and you're supposed to make a wish.  All of the employees come and cheer while you ring it.


Here I am ringing the bell.  Overall, I had a really positive experience at David's Bridal.  My dress came in about a month after I placed my order.  So I had it by early June 2014 almost a year before the wedding.  It is going to be safely resting in one of our spare bedrooms until I'm ready for it on our wedding day!  I can't wait to see how it looks on our wedding day.

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...