Friday, May 22, 2015

1 Week to go!

The count down to the wedding is fast approaching!!  We are almost to the wedding weekend!  :)  This last week has been full of a lot of final preparations... along with a really busy week at work.  We are getting ready to switch to a new business system at work, and Wednesday was our last day of work until Tuesday.  Which honestly works out great for me, because I am getting Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off without having to take any time off from work!  Yay!  But Wednesday night was a rough day at work because we had to finish up ALL of our work before we left for the night...  small price to pay I guess!

Wedding tasks accomplished this week:

  • I made a pretty thorough wedding day timeline that broke down each day in the wedding weekend.  I worked on this and tried to make it look pretty.  I included the time, name of the place, reason for going, and the address of the place for the wedding weekend festivities.  I then sent it out to everyone.  Cody's mom was pretty excited about it!!
  •  I called our wedding photographer to confirm everything for the wedding and she also liked the wedding timeline that I emailed her.  She said that she felt like she was all set and is planning on meeting the girls at our hair salon at 10:30am on Sunday morning.
  • Cody and I also selected our entrance song!  I'll let it be a surprise for everyone though...  I also called the DJ and talked through all the songs that we wanted to be played and our general wedding day timeline.  I can't believe how many different songs that we had to pick out for stuff.  There is the cake cutting song, the anniversary song, the garter retrieval song, the bouquet toss song, the garter toss song, the money dance song, and etc...  I was on the phone with the DJ selecting this stuff for over an hour.  Honestly, I really didn't care/know what songs should be played for the different events during the wedding and I mostly asked for recommendations and then picked the one that I liked the most from that.  I really hope that I told the DJ how to pronounce everyone's name right!  There were a few last names that I wasn't completely sure on how to pronounce.  They guaranteed me that they would confirm with everyone.  Also... I kind of didn't like that the DJ couldn't give me a really good timeline.  The DJ just kept telling me that they would play it by ear around dinner and just see how things fall.  I'm a pretty analytic, detail oriented person, and I would have liked a more concrete schedule.  I know that a lot of DJ's that we talked to at the IX Bridal Show told us that they would give us a detailed step by step plan for the day, and I thought that the DJ that we booked was one of those DJ's... but apparently not.  We talked to over 15 DJ's at the event so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I just assumed that they did it, because most DJ's we talked to told me that they did when I asked.  But oh well...  I'm sure that it will work out.  It's not like I would be staring at the schedule all night anyway, but I just like to have a general idea and a plan to work with.  I'm just glad that is settled and that we figured out the important songs that we wanted to have played at the wedding.
  • I went to Carrie Cerino's to see how my backdrop would look hung up.  And.... yeah....  I didn't like how it looked.  As I looked at the room I decided that I didn't even want to worry about having a backdrop at all.  So we are scrapping that idea.
  • I finished up wrapping all of the bridesmaid's and groomsmen presents, and I packed up our wedding favors into a box.
  • I separated all of the wedding items into categories of where they needed to go...  for example our hotel room, the church, or the reception.  So now everything is ready to go and is waiting to be dropped off.
  • I spent a lot of time cleaning this week too.  I know that there are going to be a lot of people seeing our house for the first time, and I was trying to make sure that everything looked good.  Our house wasn't really dirty, but I still needed to do a lot of dusting and vacuuming.  The worst part about having 4 bathrooms is having to clean 4 bathrooms!  But the cleaning is  not really a bad thing...  I like doing a deep clean of the house every so often anyway.
  • I went to our jeweler and got my ring cleaned too!!  Ahhh I love how my ring looks right after it has been cleaned!  It sparkles and looks so beautiful.  When she gave it back to me I was honestly stunned for a second, because it looked so good!!  :)  I guess that means that I need to get it cleaned more often.  I'll have to look into some type of at home cleaner.
  • We also started to get our first wedding cards.  Both my work and Cody's work gave us a card.  It was really nice of the people we work with to remember us on our wedding... even though most of them won't be at the wedding.
  • I feel like most of our wedding tasks are pretty much done.  I'm not really stressing out too much about it, and I feel like we've spaced everything out pretty well.  I keep doing a lot of little tasks...  like today I got drinks for the limo ride and at some point I need to pick up a 5X7 picture up to put in our card box...  but really almost everything is ready.  In the next day or so I'm going to start packing up our hotel night bag.  :)  Overall, I'm pretty excited and I really can't believe that our wedding weekend is approaching so soon!!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...