Saturday, May 9, 2015

Wedding Countdown - Within 2 to 1 Month

I didn't decide to start writing these blogs about our wedding process until about 2 and a half weeks until the wedding... so this blog is a little bit late.  However, I can still talk about all of our "To Do" lists and my memory on what we accomplished between 2 months and 1 month before our wedding.  And I promise my other posts will be more timely.

My excitement about the wedding really started to pick up after our bridal shower, and we really started to get our "To Do" list knocked out.

Wedding Tasks Completed:

We finished sending out all of our wedding shower thank you cards.  Cody and I personally wrote all of the messages.

My silk flowers came in, and I order crystal pins to go into the center of my flowers.  The place I ordered them from was going to charge me $1 a flower to put a crystal pin in the center, which would have bee almost $200 extra!  I ordered the pins off of Ebay for $7 and spent a half an hour and them into the flowers myself.

We made a "Bill Summary" list so that we had an idea of everything that we've paid so far, and how much more money we still owed.  Let's just say that weddings are expensive!!  And I feel like we've even cut some corners on things and it still added up to quite a good sum.

Right around the wedding shower, Hannah Johnson came over and we both tried on our dresses and shoes.  It was extremely exciting to get back into my wedding dress.  I hadn't tried it on since I had bought it over a year before!  I was starting to have nightmares and a lot of anxiety about not having tried it on for a long time... so I felt that we needed to get together and try everything on.

Every day since then I have been doing at least 20 minutes of arms exercises (except Mondays which are my days off).  And my arms have gone from 11 1/2 inches to 10 3/4 inches so far!  I'm proud of all the hard work that I've put in so far to make my arms look better.

I found my hair and makeup place.  I couldn't believe how hard it was to find a place!  Almost every salon is closed on Sundays!!  I DID NOT know that!  I was calling around, and it was super hard to find a place.  Luckily, I found a place that was not only open, but that also does air brushed makeup.  I am pumped to try out air brushed make up.  I hope that it looks good.  I had my trial hair done there... and I won't lie... I didn't really like how it turned out.  My hair frizzed up and the curls fell out on my ride home from the salon.  That is making me a little bit nervous...  I'm going to straighten my hair the night before the wedding and use some products into my hair.  I also switched my shampoo and conditioner to a better brand.

We selected and booked our rehearsal dinner location.  Cody found the place called Stancatos.  They have a private room that we will be using, and we are pretty excited about it.  I originally wanted to do our rehearsal dinner at the 100th bomber squad, but it was cost prohibitive.

We booked our hotel in Miami!  After our cruise we are staying for the day/night in Miami so that we don't have to fly right home.  This was a lesson learned from our last cruise.  I wish that we could have gone the day before our cruise too, but unfortunately I have to work until 11pm that night.

Dad ordered my projector for the wedding.  It has long been my dream to have a slide show playing at my wedding and it looks like it is going to happen!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...