Sunday, May 17, 2015

2 Weeks to Go!

We are really starting to get down to the wire now!  We still have a pretty good list of items that we need to work through though.  I can't believe it... I looked yesterday and our wedding was in the 10 day forecast!!!  So far it says that there is supposed to be scattered storms that day with a 40% chance of rain..  I'm hoping that changes between now and the wedding day!  The day before is supposed to be sunny and 75 with a 10% chance of rain.  Why can't that be our wedding day!?!?

***Update...  I just looked online and it already says cloudy and 74 with 20% chance of rain!  Woo!  Let's hope that holds!

Here is a list of wedding activities from this week:

  • Cody and I went cruise clothes shopping and got quite a few new outfits.  I was excited to get two cover up dresses for my bathing suits.  I think I'm going to wear those a lot on our cruise.  We also ended up cleaning out our closet.  I still had clothes from high school, and Cody has lost 40 lbs and has gone down a dress size.  Together we had over 5 garbage bags full of clothes that we are getting rid of!
  • Cody also booked all of our cruise excursions!  We are super excited that is taken care of!
  • We sent out party invitation for some out of town people to come to our house on Saturday night for a cookout.  Cody's dad offered to buy steaks for everyone.  Cody and I are going to get hamburgers and hot dogs and stuff too.  So it should be a pretty good time.  Maybe we'll finally break out Cody's cornhole boards!  I'm also excited for everyone to get to see our house for the first time.
  • Speaking of which... we've also started the cleaning process.  Honestly, our house isn't really that messy, but it could use a good scrubbing and deep cleaning. I'm going to work on that a lot on over the weekend and try to get things ready.  Unfortunately, I have to work today so I mostly had yesterday to get things done.  Cody and I also aren't really going to be able to see each other very much this weekend, because my bachelorette party was last night, and we both have to work opposite shifts today.
  • My mom and I went to pick up my altered wedding dress.  I am really glad that my dress has a bustle.  I almost didn't get my dress altered, but I'm glad that my mom insisted that we do it.  i think it is going to make a big improvement on how I can get around during our reception.
  • I called our DJ and started to confirm things with him.  We need to send him our outline this weekend.  Cody and I are struggling to figure out what songs that we want played.  We know that our first dance song is going to be "All of me" by John Legend.  The father/daughter dance will be "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlise... this song was honestly decided years and year ago by my dad and I.  We didn't even need to talk about it during the wedding time, because we both knew that was going to be the song.  Cody and his mom had to debate waht song that they wanted played for their dance.  They were finally able to decide on "Landslide" by Smashing Pumpkins.  Cody and I are struggling to figure out what song that we want to be introduced to.  Cody liked "Welcome to the Jungle" but I've kind of always hated that song...  so I don't think we are going to choose it.  We are looking for a rock song, but I'm not sure which on yet.
  • David's Bridal finally got back to me yesterday about my ring bearer pillow!!  They really kept me waiting a while, and I was starting to lose hope from hearing back from them.  I thought we were going to have to use the one with the typo on it.  But they gave me a tracking number yesterday and told me that they shipped a corrected one on Thursday.  So hopefully that will be arriving soon!
  • My mom went to the Goodwill and found a really nice backdrop.  Unbelievably it was on sale for only $3!!!  It looks like it will work out nicely, and I'm pretty excited about it.  I was pretty skeptical when she first told me about it, but after seeing it... it looks pretty legit.
  • I went back to Party Decor and I paid for our chair covers.  I tell ya... the wedding decorating business is the biggest scam out there!  Those people make a fortune for just renting stuff for one night.  But I do think that the chair covers will look nice, and we did save quite a bit by buying our own table clothes... which by the way... came in this week!
  • I started playing around with the power point slide and the projector this week.  I wasn't able to get it to work, but Cody was able to.  I also added animation to the slides, and made each slide play after 3 seconds.  So now the slide show should just continuously play during the reception.  :)  I thinkt hat is one of the things that I have super excited for.  I've always wanted to have a slide show at my wedding, and I've put in quite a bit of effort on this one.
  • I also went to Sears with my mom and found my rehearsal dress.  It is a light blue pretty dress, and I think that it would look nice on me during our cruise too.  It doesn't have a zipper... so when I tried it on at Sears I actually had it on backwards and didn't realize it.  It looked like a different dress based on which way I wore it.  My mom and I got a big kick out of that... and we actually liked it on backwards more than we liked it how it should be in the front haha.  I think that I finally have enough dresses and that i don't have to worry about getting new ones.  I just wanted new dresses for all of these big events during the wedding.  Now I will have dresses to wear to other events that I go to.
  • Next up is my bachelorette pary...  I will have a separate blog about that.  It is all a complete and utter surprise.  Hannah has given me a little bit of details, but not really a whole lot to off of.  So I am super excited to see everything that she has planned!!  I like the suspense of not knowing...

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...