Saturday, May 9, 2015

3 Weeks to Go

This week hasn't been as stress free as the previous week.  I've started to feel a little bit worried to get some things done.  Mainly because my trip to Party Decor didn't go as I planned.  I realized just how expensive it is to get chair covers and table cloths!  Ah!  I went there just to see the colors of their sashes for our chair covers and the woman ended up almost selling me a ton of stuff!  I saw these really pretty table clothes (which pictures do no justice).


They were $40 a table plus 8% sales tax.  The whole scenario reminded me of the the trip that dad made to the West Side Market for his Christmas in July party in 2009 and the gypsy woman got him and sold him all kinds of stuff.  The woman started talking about how beautiful my reception would be, and how she has always wanted to see these table cloths used in Carrie Cerino's.  She kept saying how she wanted to get professional pictures from my photographer.  Then she told me that she had a matching backdrop for the head table, and that it was $600 but really money well spent because it is the focal point of all of the reception pictures.  She was saying that would be spectacular and that she would put the pictures in magazines for her advertisements.  And of course, I was started getting excited and had stars in my eyes... until I realized that the bill came up to $1,830!!  And I won't lie, I had my credit card out and I almost signed the papers.  She had it all drawn up, and had her hand outstretched for my credit card.  Luckily, I decided to text Cody and talk to him about it since it was so much, and he kind of snapped me out of it.  I remember telling her that $1,830 was really a lot of money and she told me... well really it's only $1,695 because I can't help the sales tax.  And I was like...ummm... no it's really $1,830 because that's what I'd have to pay!!  In the end I told her that I needed to reschedule to Monday so that Cody could see what we were buying.  She made it seem like that was an inconvenience because she had a wedding in Columbus that weekend, but I held to my guns.

However, afterwards I was STRESSING out about the table cloths for the rest of the week.  It is $20 to rent white table cloths from Carrie Cerino's.  For that price I feel like I should go to Bed Bath and Beyond and just buy my own table cloths and then have them afterwards.  A lesson learned from this process is not to have SUCH a specialized color as your wedding color.  The blue that we picked out is nice, but it is not very common to find.  We ended up having to pay more for my flowers to be dyed to that color, and now it's stressful for the table decorations.  A common color choice would have been a smarter idea I think.

So originally, I thought that I could get table cloths from Bed Bath and Beyond for $20 a piece, and I was going to get blue and silver ones.  But then I realized that I was looking at the wrong size and that the size that I needed was actually $44.  So I was back to the drawing board.  Luckily, my mom stumbled across cvlinens.com and they had something that I liked.

In the end, I went onto Ebay and I bought fifteen 120" white table cloths for $11 a piece. Then I went onto CVlinens.com and bought cornflower blue overlays for $5 a piece.  I think that it will match the chair covers that I originally went into Party Decor to look at.  So I went ahead and ordered the table cloths so that I could stop worrying about it.  I think it was smarter to buy it, because now if I ever have a baby shower for a baby boy to host I already have some of the decorations.  :)  I also called Party Decor and canceled my Monday appointment, and just ordered the chair covers instead.  The only thing that I might look to add is a sparkly silver table runner.  I just have to see if I can find them for a good price.

Also, on Friday my mom and I went to a seamstress's house to get my dress hemmed and bustled.  The woman only charged us $95 to do it, but her carpets in her house were gross.  Mom and I were straining to make sure that my dress didn't touch the ground. Yuck.  If I would have known that we would have gone somewhere else.  But I guess it doesn't matter so long as the dress comes out nice.  I also realized that my shoes are going to KILL my feet!  I absolutely love my wedding shoes... I think they are princess shoes...  I just wish there was a way to make them a little more comfortable.

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...