Sunday, March 10, 2013

Painting, and new arrivals

We went to the house yesterday, and to be honest there wasn't a whole lot more done from the last time we were there.  However, there were people working on the house while we visited.  They were painting all of our doors.  Also, our siding, light fixtures, and door knobs have all come in.
 
 
Dad went to visit our house last week, and he told us that when he was there, he noticed that the trim in our morning room was cracked and messed up.  So we went in to look at it yesterday, but it seems like they already fixed it, because it looked fine to me.
 
 
Here is the other side.  I'm glad that they took care of it and fixed it.
 
 
You can see the painting equipment that is setup in our living room.
 
 
This is one of the painters working on staining our banisters.  I'm so glad.  I was really worried when I first saw them last week, because the plain wood color that they were was very ugly.  I almost forgot what color we originally picked out.  I was so relieved to see her painting them!!
 
 
This is the color they will be... which is a lot better than just the regular wood.
 
 
You can see where they were starting to paint our doors.  They painted the edges first and then the rest of the door.  You can see how different the pantry colors will be.  I'm glad, because I like the white a lot more than the color it was before.
 
 
Yay!  They did put a door on that room downstairs.  I was also relieved to see that.  I guess I shouldn't worry so much.  It seems like every time that there is a problem that I'm worried about, they take care of it by the next time I visit the house.
 
 
Here are our painted master bath doors.  We had to be really careful while we were walking around the house because all of the doors were freshly painted.
 
 
 
 
Our siding is in!  It's a dark gray color.  I hope that it's up the next time we go to the house.
 
 
Here are our light fixtures.  I'm sure once they are done painting they will start to put them in.
 
 
You can see Cody modeling on of our door handles.  I didn't notice if they had locked on the other side or not... I hope they do!
 
 
This is the box of our door knobs.  :)
 
 
The house that got started a week before ours looks like it is almost done.  I think they are going to be moving in next week!!  How exciting for them!  We are only 18 days away ourselves!!
 
 
 
Down the road a ranch is being built.  It is the only ranch in our part of the development so far.
 
 
 
Two doors down another house is going up.  It is also a Palermo, or the same style of house as ours.  The only difference that I can tell right now is that they got the bonus room over the garage, so their house already looks a little different from ours.  I can't wait to see more things start to happen in our development and our house!!  I'm sure that it won't be too long before our flooring goes in!!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...