Friday, March 1, 2013

Cabinets in!

Officially 28 days until we get our keys!!!  They moved our due date ahead a day because of Good Friday, so now our closing date is March 28th!  YIPPEE!!  I can't wait!  We went to the house last Sunday with my mom.  The house didn't look a whole lot different, except that they had started taping the house.  This is the second time that my mom has been to the house, but this was her first visit with our brick on and our drywall up.  As we were driving down our development we were commenting on the houses we were driving by.  There is a house before ours that has a partial brick front, and my mom goes "ewww that's too much brick.  I don't like how that looks..."
 

 
And I was like well.... then you certainly won't like ours.  We drive up to the house and she goes... "ohh... oh... you did all brick...  why did you do that?"  And I was like thanks mom... thanks.  And she goes "well the trim isn't on yet so maybe it will look better..."  Thanks mom...  But Cody and I don't care.  Every house in our development has stone on it, and I really like the full brick on our house.  We really liked the colors that we picked out and I'm sticking by it.  It's not what other people like... it's what we like that matters.
 
 
This is a sampling of what the walls look like now that they are taped.  Every room was like this.
 
 
This is the kitchen area.
 
 
 
 
Here is mom looking at our basement window in the morning room.  It's not completely in all of the way yet, and she was point that out.  I'm assuming that they will put it in all the way once the siding is done on the house.  I'm expecting that the siding will be on when we visit the house this weekend.  Our neighbor across the street's siding is done already so ours shouldn't be too far behind.
 
 
This is the morning room in the basement.  I love how big this space is.
 
 
Here is mom in our dining room.
 
 
The heat has been turned on in the house so it was actually warm inside.  We were able to take our coats off and walk around.  I loved it!  I could stay there all day now that it's warm inside.  :)
 
 
We went to a Cavs game on Wednesday so I didn't get to visit the house.  Cody was able to take a sick day for a doctor's appointment and he headed out to the house.  We locked in our interest rate at 3.625% plus we got a $1,000 off our closing costs. Cody had to fax our signed paperwork to the mortgage guy to make sure we locked the rate and closing costs.  We are glad to be locked in, we have been waiting for a higher discount in the closing costs, and it finally came to a good amount.  In early January the rates were around 3.3% but they have been 3.625% pretty consistently ever since Obama was inaugurated. Still we'll take it...  that isn't a rate to complain about.  Also, as you can see in the picture above all of our cabinets, doors, and sinks have come in!! I can't wait to get to look at them this weekend.
 
 
Our whole garage was filled with stuff that will go inside our house!
 
 
This is going to be our railing.
 
 
 
These are all of the doors that will be put in throughout our house. 
 
 
Here is our double sink that will be in our master bathroom.
 
 
 
This is a little bit better shot of everything in the garage.  I'm sure that our house is locked now.  Before we were able to just walk right in, but they said once this stuff came in they would start locking it every night.  I can't wait until all of this stuff is up!! I'm hoping that when I go this weekend some of it will be up!!  I am sooo excited for my kitchen and fireplace to be completed.  It won't be long now!  I wouldn't be surprised if our walls were painted this week.  Cody said that when he was there on Wednesday our ceilings had been textured and completed.  He couldn't get a good picture of it though, so I will post pictures later this week.

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...