Thursday, March 21, 2013

HHGregg Fridge Deal!

 
Cody and I decided to try to go out and buy a fridge today.  Originally we were going to buy a fridge from the Sears Outlet, or scratch and dent store.  But I have heard that if you go to HHGregg that they will deal with you.  We wanted a GE fridge to match all of our appliances and they had a floor model on sale for just over $2000.  The guy (Bob) told us that we came at a good time, because it is the end of their fiscal year and they are trying to sell as much stuff as they could.  Bob's manager was standing next to him, and handed Bob a paper with their lowest bid on it.  Cody said we'd offer $1,600 for it.  Bob said... "Ah well I'm not sure if I can go that low."  But his manager was shaking his head yes!  They didn't even counter offer us.  We thought for sure that they would come back with a higher price, and we were thrilled at the deal!  We accepted on the spot, and they rung us up.  They even threw in a bottle of stainless steel cleaner.
 
 
This was my dream fridge.  We've been looking at fridges for weeks, and I really like the GE model the best.  I love all of the storage options that it has.  You can see that we have two large crispers and then one large one at the bottom.  Also, the bottom shelf retracts encase you want to store something tall inside of the fridge.
 
 
A lot of fridges that we looked at did not have a lot of storage space on the side of the fridge.  I liked that this one will be able to hold all of our condiment bottles.  The other area was similar.  On the other side is a sleek automatic ice maker.  I wanted an ice maker on the front of our fridge so bad!  I hate filling up ice cube trays!  I guess automatic ice is a luxory I've grown up used to, and I can't stand that our fridge doesn't have one.  This ice maker is very thin, and it doesn't take up any storage space in our fridge or freezer.
 
 
This is our freezer.  I wasn't 100% thrill with the small drawer in the bottom.  I kind of wish that it was one large drawer, but overall there is a ton of storage space.  Definitely a lot more than what we have now!
 
 
Here is a close up.  The bottom section is adjustable.
 
 
Here is a closeup of our drawers in the fridge area.
 

Here you can kind of see where the retractable shelf is located.  I am thrilled that we got this fridge in our price range.  This fridge was originally marked at $2,600!!  I didn't think we would get such a good deal on a fridge that didn't have any scratches or anything wrong with it.  :)

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...