Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fireplace done and walls painted!

We went to our house today, because I'm heading to my Aunt Sherry's Girls Day tomorrow.  We were super excited to see that the walls were painted, some of our flooring was in, and our fireplace was FINISHED!!!!
 
 
This fireplace is one of the things that I was most adamant about getting in the house.  I really wanted a big nice fireplace, and it was finally done today!  When we walked in I was looking at the kitchen and I didn't even notice it at first.  Cody was like "WOAH" and I turned and saw it.  We were so excited!
 
 
You can see that the morning room has been painted all white.
 
 
Ahhh our living room looks so much cooler with fireplace done!!  It will look even better once it's all painted.  A guy at work told me that Home Depot holds "How To" workshops on Saturdays.  I want to take the "How to Paint' workshop so that we can learn how to properly paint.  Neither one of us have much experience painting.
 
 
 
It's hard to make out the texture on our ceilings in the pictures.  Cody and I thought that they looked good.  We were worried that we wouldn't like how they looked, but it was fine.
 
 
We could tell that they didn't thoroughly paint everywhere in our house.  We assume they didn't bother here, because our cabinets will cover it.  Also throughout the house I could tell that they weren't as worried about the bottoms of the walls, because the trim will cover it all.
 
 
It's hard to tell in this picture, but it looks like our walls need another coat of paint.  In the upstairs bedrooms you could see some of the drywall color coming through behind the white paint. I'm sure they aren't done yet.
 
 
Some of our flooring was in already upstairs in our two bathrooms, our laundry room, and our downstairs bathroom.  They have only put in our linoleum areas so far.
 
 
 
I was excited to see that they put cardboard over our flooring.  I hope that they do this throughout the house, because it will make painting the rooms easier for us, and we won't have to buy it later.  It would be nice for when we are moving everything in too.
 
 
Here I am modeling our new fireplace.
 
 
Then I got Cody to do it.  I was jealous of his pose.  You can see how big the base of our fireplace is in this photo.
 
 
Here is the painted basement.
 
 
 
 
We were able to peek into some of our boxes to look at our cabinets.  I can't wait to see them installed.  I don't think it will be too long now.  We might have to wait for another coat of paint, and then I think they should start installing them!!  We looked at the packing slip, all of our stuff was delivered on 2/26.  I was surprised that our house wasn't locked today.  They told us that after this stuff came in that they would start locking our house...  I'm not sure why they haven't yet.  North Royalton is a pretty safe/good neighborhood so hopefully nothing will happen to anything.  At least we didn't find any homeless people in our house today anyways...  Never know, it's pretty cold out, and we now have a warm uninhabited house...
 
 
There has been a lot of activity throughout the development.  It looked like three houses had been dug since the last time I had been there. I think that this is my supervisor's cousins lot.  It looks like their wood is in, so there house should go up in no time!  I bet the next time I visit the house their house will be up, or at least close to it!
 
 
 
It looks like the people two doors down from us have their foundation completed too.  Their wood hasn't come in yet, but I'm sure it won't be too long now.  We are going to another Cavs game this Wednesday so I'm not sure when we will go to the house next.  Stay tuned... next time I post I might have a kitchen to show off!!!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...