Friday, April 12, 2013

Time Warner Hell...

You might have noticed the lack of blog posting since we moved in to our new house.  There is a simple explanation for that... Time Warner sucks!!!  Here is a description of the 6 appointments that we made to get our internet correctly working...

First appointment was on March 30th (yes today is April 12th) and the guy comes out to install the internet and tells us that our house isn't wired for internet.  I guess new houses need a special wire run in order to get internet.  He told us that they couldn't bring out an operator until April 15th to run the wire.

So we called Time Warner to cancel our internet service.  And the customer service guy told us that the guy installing our internet was wrong and they could send someone out on Wednesday between 5 and 6 to do the service appointment, and run the wire.  Then they would send guys out on Saturday to install our internet.  So we weren't moving into the house until Sunday so that was fine but we had to make a special trip out on Wednesday after work to meet the guy on Wednesday.  He never showed up...  We called Time Warner and apparently we did not have an appointment scheduled at all.  We were talking to a girl in India who said she couldn't help us further so she transferred us on...  Only thing is she transferred us to the START UP MENU!  That is the most frustrating system EVER!  They try the hardest to not let you get to an actual person...

But finally we get a hold of another customer service rep... this time a guy from India and we ask him about the appointment.  And he says "Oh no, they will come.  They will run the wire before they do the internet and then guys will come on Saturday to install the internet"  And we were like ok... so are the people that are going to do the service call going to come on Saturday then?  And he said oh anytime between now and then.  And we were like... well... do we need to be here when they come to run the wire outside??  And the guy was like oh yes oh yes they will need access to the premise.  And we said... Soooo we need to be here when they come but there is no time frame as to when they will be coming?  And the guy was like don't worry they will install it.

Needless to say I was skeptical.  I was ready to give the installer guys an earful when they came... However, I was surprised to find that they came and installed the wire and then installed my internet.  We hadn't moved in yet so I didn't have my desktop at the house yet.  I had Cody's laptop, and the guy pulled the Ethernet cable into it and it didn't work.  He told me that Cody's computer must block Ethernet cords, but that the wifi was working so obviously we had internet.  Well.... I came the next day after we moved in with my computer only to find that the Ethernet cord wouldn't work for my computer either...

So I called Time Warner and went through their STUPID menu.  I tried getting hooked up directly to a technician but their menu wouldn't work right and it never transferred me over. So I said screw it, I'll just say I'm a new account and I'll get ahold of a customer service rep and have them transfer me over.  So I get to the guy, and I tell him my situation and he goes well do you have a few minutes to review your account?  And I said no, we just got our package a couple days ago I don't want to change it.  And he's like "Oh but this is the best time for you to change or upgrade" and goes on for 10 minutes about their products and services...  I didn't want to be rude so I kept saying no... we don't want it, I'm not interested... ect... until finally I go "Look, I know you're just trying to do your job, but I don't want to hear about any additional products that I can get from you until my internet works.  I tried directly getting transferred to a tech rep, but your menu wasn't working so I figured I would get ahold of a customer service rep that could transfer me over."  His response was "well that's not very smart, the techs always take longer to answer when they see you're transferred from a customer service rep anyway."  And then FINALLY he transferred me over...

Of course, the tech rep picks up right away... (idiot) and the woman goes "Hello..."  And I'm like "Hi I'm so glad to have finally reached..."  And she goes "Hello...??   Hello???"  And I'm like OH MY GOD... "HELLO!!!  HELLO!  I'm here, can you hear me???"  And the only response I get was a click...  and I literally screamed out loud.  I couldn't BELIEVE it!!!!!

So I call again... mad as a bull... get a customer service rep... all politeness forgotten... I'm like just transfer me to a tech!  So I get ahold of a girl and she's really nice and starts trouble shooting with me.  After going through her process... do you know what her response was??  "Hrmm well since you are able to get wifi, it's clearly not an issue with our service.  I think that there is something wrong with your computer that is blocking your ability to get internet.  You should get a friend that knows about computer software to help you, or just take it to the geek squad."  And I was like lady I used this computer 3 hours ago at my old house...  and I had Time Warner internet there and it worked fine... how do I have an software issue??  You don't think there is any correlation with my having just gotten new internet installed?  And she was like sorry, I don't know what to tell you... we can't do anything if it's a software issue.

And I'm mad as can be at this point.  So I'm like screw it... I want them to send someone out here.  I call back and go through the process again and finally make it to a tech rep.  And I'm like look... just send someone out here.  This was 3 hours into this process and finally he agreed to send someone out in two days between 4 and 5.  It's a little hard for me to get home by 4 so I went into work early and skipped lunch to make it home in time.  NO ONE SHOWED UP!  I guess they called Cody at 3:30 when he was at work with a restricted number.  When he didn't answer they automatically canceled the appointment...  BUT there was no way for him to call them back if he just missed it and then tried to call right back because the number didn't show up!  AH!!! So they say that they'll send someone out the next day... which was yesterday.

So the guy shows up and he was here for two hours working on the computer.  He could get wifi with his laptop but when he pulled the Ethernet cord in it didn't work on his laptop either... So HA tech service woman... it wasn't my computer!  So he switches out the cords, and modems... and he works on it for over two hours last night, and he didn't have a clue as to why it wasn't working. So he says that he is going to come back today with his lead at 5.  Well... at 6:15 no one had showed up...  And I was like... WHAT THE HECK!  I call Time Warner up... get to a customer service person who transfers me to the repairs person, who says she'll page the guy to call me and tell me where he is.  So I guess he was running behind because of some emergency call. They get here at 6:40 and the lead just starts doing some basic stuff.  The guy plugs the cord from yesterday into his laptop and it works.  He plugs it into mine and it doesn't.  The lead guy goes... hrmm.. it must be an issue with your computer.  And I was like well why didn't it work on my computer, his laptop, or Cody's laptop yesterday??  And they were like... "I don't know..."  So they have Cody bring in his laptop... it works on his.  So they reboot my computer and start it back up... and the internet MAGICALLY started working.  They told me that if it stopped working again to call him directly so that they didn't take a hit for having to re-do work out here.  So they say... "thank you magical internet god who decided to let this work" and they ran out the door to end their day.  It was about 7 when they left...

At this point... I'm like... what in the world.  I have no idea why it didn't work originally or what was done differently to make it work... but for the time being I have internet...  And for all our trouble we got $25 off our bill this month.  Ugh...  I hope we don't have anymore issues or I'm going to be really mad.

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...