Saturday, April 6, 2013

Getting ready to move in!!

We are coming down to the wire!  It's almost time to move into our new house.  :)  We are super excited.  We are having a big group of people coming to help us tomorrow.  We are packing and packing to try to be ready in time!  We'll be packing all kinds of stuff tonight too.  We didn't want to pack up our kitchen until after we ate dinner tonight. 
 
 
In the mean time we have been working on our house.  Here you can see the gray that we painted the basement.  I was excited with how this came out, because I really like the gray we picked more than I originally thought I would.
 
 
Sorry this picture is a little bit blurry, but this is heading towards the media room.
 
 
Here is the other wall in the basement.  I'm happy with how it all came out.  We are still doing touch ups and we have one more hallway to paint, but other than that we are just about done painting!!  Yippee!!
 
 
We went to Value City Furniture and we told them that we wanted our couch delivered next weekend.  We also bought this tv stand.  We loved how it looked and how solid it was.  It was an expensive tv stand, but I don't want to buy a cheap junky one that we won't like right after we buy it.  Plus this one will match the end table, coffee table, and sofa table we bought at Levine's last weekend.
 
 
Time Warner Cable came out to our house today.  I was very concerned that they weren't going to be able to hook up our internet for us.  A guy came out last week and said he couldn't do it because we didn't have the proper wiring to the house, because we are a new home construction.  He said we'd have to wait until April 15th for a service call to be made to our house and then Time Warner would install the line and then the internet.  Cody called Time Warner to just cancel our services with them, but the customer service guy told Cody that April 15th was the incorrect date and that they would send someone over on Wednesday April 3rd to put in the line from 5 to 6 pm.  So Cody and I went to the house on Wednesday and around 6:30 we had the feeling that no one was coming.... so we had the joy of trying to get a hold of an English speaking customer service person.  The first girl (from India) flat out said she didn't see a service call scheduled for Wednesday and that she had to transfer us to someone else that could help us.  She transferred us back to the start up menu which led us to another person from India.  He told us there was no appointment scheduled and that they would come and install the line before Saturday.  And Cody asked him if we had to be home when the people came.  And the guy goes "Oh yes oh yes you do.  They need access to the house."  And Cody was like "Sooo we have to be here and there is no time frame as to when they will come?"  And the guy said don't worry they will install the line before Saturday when the guys come to install the internet.
 
 
Regardless to say, I was a little bit skeptical.  I was prepared to give the installers an earful today if they weren't able to hook up our internet.  But shockingly, the guys that came today ran the wire and then hooked up our internet without any issues.  I don't know what the guys deal was last week.  I don't know why he couldn't do what they did.  It seemed like it wasn't an issue at all. 
 
 
The guys were really nice about it too.  They gave me a short cord for the modem and then they gave me a longer one encase we ever decided to relocated our desk.
 
 
This cord will reach my outlets on either side of the room.  It was really nice of them.  So now we have working internet.
 
 
After that I started to get the house ready for the move tomorrow.  You can see where I was trying to protect my carpet from getting all dirty.
 
 
 
Here are the upstairs steps.
 
 
Here is the path leading into our bedroom.
 
 
Here is the tarp covering up most of our bedroom.
 
 
Here is a trail leading into our other bedroom that is going to have our other bed placed into it.
 
 
Here is the entrance way from the garage.
 
 
Our basement. I also added some walking paths after I took this picture leading into the morning room area.
 
 
Here is our first wave of packing. I brought a carload of stuff here today.  This was mostly things out of our cabinets that we don't need tonight.
 
 
We have brought most of our clothes to the house too, and I also brought everything that will go into our pantry there today too.  :)  We are doing good.  I can't wait to get a lot more stuff tomorrow too.  We aren't going to be moving absolutely everything from our house in North Olmsted over tomorrow.  I am going to keep my Christmas, Halloween, and Thanksgiving decorations, and most of our pictures here from the time being.  I have to figure out where we are going to put everything in the new house before we bring it over.

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...