Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hannah's Bridal Shower

Hannah's shower was today, April 20th 2013.  I think that it turned out very good.  Jen and I went shopping a couple weeks ago for a lot of the decorations, and different things that were around the shower.
 
 
I have to admit, Jen is an artistic genius.  She has been in about a dozen weddings so far, and she really knew what she was doing.  She came over the night before the shower and helped set up.  Along with Steph and Sam.  Hannah and Kyle came to help setup the tables and chairs, but we didn't let Hannah see what it all looked like until today.
 
 
Here is Sam the day before setting up the decorations.
 
 
Here are our tables.  This was before we put the diamonds on them.
 
 
When we went out shopping we found these cute little mirrors, and we grabbed a bunch saying K, H, and J.  For Hannah, Kyle, and Johnson.  We laid those about the room. 
 
 
Here is Steph getting ready to put the diamonds on the table.
 
 
The master at work.
 
 
Here is Hannah when she came in today right before she got to see all of the decorations!
 
 
Here is a nice picture of the 5 of us.  The other bridesmaid, Steph, Hannah's cousin, hadn't made it to the shower yet.
 
 
Here is the decorated island!  I loved how it all turned out.  I just realized that I didn't get a picture of it with all of the food out.  We had a nice spread, everyone brought a little bit of something.  Jen came earlier in the day to make sangria which was very yummy.
 
 
This was the candy bar.  We had everyone make party bags of candy as their favors.  I thought this was such an adorable idea.  We ended up giving the hurricanes in the back away as prizes.
 
 
These little creations were amazing!!  Sam made them.  She got a wafer pretzels, Hershey's kisses, and M&M.  She melted the Hershey's kiss a little bit and then put a M&M on top.  They were SO good!  I already told Hannah that I am putting in my order NOW for them to be included in my shower someday...
 
 
Another view of the island.
 
 
Gram with the two granddaughters.
 
 
Kyle's family are definitely the decorators.  They were really on top of it!!  I really appreciated that they all stayed and helped me clean up.  When everyone left today my house looked the same way that it did before the shower.  :)
 


And I have to say that I was impressed with Kyle too.  He was really excited about it, and he took his camera around and he was taking a lot of pictures of the little details too.  It's nice to see a guy caring about that kind of stuff.
 
 
 
Two besties and Gram... what more could you ask for?
 
 
Here is the shot of Hannah and her mom when her mom got to the shower.
 
 
I thought this picture was adorable.  This is Kyle's mom and her twin sister with her grand daughter.  Kyle's mom is the one with the curly hair.
 
 
I was trying to get a picture of Kyle playing with the baby.  He was so cute with her.
 
 
Here is a picture of Kyle with his cousins and Hannah and Sam.
 
 
Before the shower I created a slide show with over 200 pictures in it.  I massively stalked many people's Facebooks AND Myspaces to get a ton of pictures of everyone.  I had a lot of older pictures from when we were in high school.  You can see Kyle's mom got a kick out of it, you can see her making fun of how young Kyle looked in these pictures.
 
 
Here are all the girlies!
 
 
Hannah had two cakes at shower one was chocolate and one was vanilla.  This is the first one says "Hannah is the Bride-To-Be" 
 
 
The second says "We're so thrilled... as happy as can be"
 
 
Here is my favorite picture of Hannah and Kyle from the shower.  I just think that this picture looks awesome.
 
 
Steph and Natalie playing with the mustaches.
 
 
Here is the mountain of presents Hannah and Kyle got!
 
 
Kyle with a sad face holding a ball and chain... haha.
 
 
We all had our jobs during the unwrapping of the presents.  Kyle read the cards, Hannah unwrapped the presents, Steph kept track of what she got from who, and I created the bow boutique.  Kyle's mom jumped in too to be the official "gift wrapping paper thrower awayer."
 
 
This is the first gift that Hannah and Kyle opened.  It was really pretty glasses.
 
 
There is a saying that when you break a ribbon during your bridal shower it is supposed to indicate how many children you are going to have.  Well... Jen and her mom spent over 15 minutes tying the ribbons on their presents to Hannah and Kyle.  Here they are trying not to break them.
 
 
I think this is the point that Hannah realized they had broken 8 ribbons...  We were telling them that they better get started haha.
 
 
Hannah's apron was a big hit.  Everyone was joking that Kyle needed to wear it.  Hannah modeled it doing different poses.
 
 
Obviously you can see that we all got a good laugh out of it.
 
 
Here I am presenting Hannah with her bow boutique.  I had never made one before, and it was about as hard as I expected haha... but I was really proud of what I ended up with!
 
 
Here is a close up of it!  :)
 
 
Here is Hannah holding it.  She will use it during her rehearsal dinner.
 
 
Here is the whole bridal party.
 
 
I really like this picture of all of us!  I'm sure there are going to be many more pictures to come in the upcoming months of us all together!
 
 
Hannah and Kyle with both of their moms.
 
 
We had to ding a fork on some metal to get them to smooch.  They needed the practice for their big day.  They were super embarrassed by it.  I think there were probably 10 girls standing in front of them with their cameras ready to get the picture.
 
 
I was so pleased with how everything turned out.  It felt great to be able to host the shower for my best friend.  I wish them both years of happiness, and I'm so glad that I was able to be apart of this step of their life.  :)


Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...