Sunday, April 14, 2013

Settling in.

It didn't take me long to start organizing my kitchen.  As soon as the group left I started to get to work on my kitchen.  My mom stayed behind and helped me unbox some things.  I saved the boxes to everything that I had, and I put everything into it's original packing before we moved, and I'm happy to say nothing got broken during our move.
 
 
Here is my kitchen.  I was so happy to get this unpacked and settled.  You can see that our glasses are located next to the fridge.  This has proved to be very handy!
 
 
Our pots and pans are next to the stove... also very convenient.
 
 
Here is my cabinet full of storage boxes.
 
 
This has all be filled in a little bit more now that I got all of my Celebrating Home cookware put into there.
 
 
We finally decided on a spot for the toaster oven and knives.
 
 
This is underneath the island.  These are some of our bulkier pots and pans that we don't use on a daily basis.
 
 
I was excited that most of my cabinet space in this part of the island is still available.  I still have plenty of storage space after unloading EVERYTHING!  Yippee!
 

 
Here is what our tv looked like before we got our new stand.  You can't see all of the wall in this picture, but it seemed tiny.  Our wall was huge, and there was so much extra space there.
 
 
 
Here is our brand new tv stand.  We love it!!!  I'm so excited by how it looks in our living room.  I can't believe on how much nicer our living room looks with it instead of our old tv stand.  It sits up a lot higher, and it makes a big impact on how that wall looks.
 
 
Here is our new coffee table.  Our end table is currently on back order so we won't be getting it until next week. 
 
 
This is the matching sofa table.  We moved this into our morning room.  You can see our pictures on it, and my dragon from China.  Cody actually placed those there, and I super excited because I thought it looked great.  That was the perfect spot for my dragon!
 
 
Here is a shot of our living room.  :)  I'm digging it!  But Cody and I are already talking about getting rid of our couch soon and getting a nice sectional to put into the room in a couple months. We weren't really hoping to spend the money, but with our fireplace and new end tables/tv stand.. the stuff we have now just doesn't seem nice enough.
 
 
Here is our fireplace.  There has a been a long debate on what was going to go on our mantel.  I'm pretty happy with it so far. This is the vase Hannah Shepard got me for Christmas, and then pictures of Cody and I... then on the other side we have some pictures of the kids up.
 
 
I absolutely love how this picture looks in here!  Our wall color goes perfect with it.  When Aunt Dar was over she held up the picture, and held it against the wall and she told us she found the spot where we were going to hang the picture... and I absolutely agree!!  I love how it looks there.  :)  Thanks Aunt Sherry for the picture!  I've always liked it, but it looks perfect in the new house!
 
 
Well... after the couch fiasco we had to change our order at Value City.  Instead of getting the sectional we were going to put into our living room... we got this one for the basement.  It is super comfortable and Cody and I have loved it since day one when we started looking at furniture at all.  Originally we didn't think we were going to really have a place for it, because we didn't want it as our main furniture in our living room... but I think it fits in quite well down stairs where it is.  It makes our morning room area really feel like a media room.  We will probably eventually get a bigger tv for down there.  Three of the five chairs recline, and Cody already loves it down there.
 
 
Here is a different angle.  You can see how each area is it's own chair.
 
 
Look at him... happy as can be to be down there in his "man cave" area.  He wanted a leather couch... so now he got it.  I guess everything worked out good.  We are super happy to have this particular couch, because we like it a lot... and it fits great into our basement, and in this area.

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...