Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Roof, Plumbing, Pouring, and Heating Up!

It's amazing the difference a couple of days make!  On Wednesday, February 6th we went to visit the house with my dad.  A ton of progress had been made.  The roof was now on the house, they had poured our basement, and had started to pour our garage, most of our plumbing is in, and our heating system was in as well.  So there was a lot going on from Sunday to Wednesday!
 
 
Here is Cody and I in front of our front door. 
 
 
Here is a good picture showing off our new roof that is on our house now.  My dad came with us today so we were finally able to get a picture with both of us in front of the house.  Maybe next time we'll have to stand closer to the picture taker so that you can see us and the house better.
 
 
Here is my dad and I in front of the house.
 
 
Here are the two guys.  It's kind of hard to see them in this picture.
 
 
The brick to go on the front of our house has come in!!  I can't wait to see it go up on the house. The entire front of our house is going to be brick.  We are going to be the first house on our street to have brick in the front of our house.  Every other house on the street has stone.
 
 
 
Here is the cement that will hold the brick together.
 
 
Here are the bags of sand.
 
 
This is where our gas, electric lines, and etc will be.  After the electrician comes later on this week I'm sure they will cover this hole with all of the dirt and bury it under ground.  It is on the left side of our house.
 
 
We peeked into the garage and saw that they had started to pour our garage.  We aren't sure why they are pouring these two extra strips of concrete.  My dad thinks that is because it will be where our tires will most likely lay in the garage and it will help strengthen it.  You can see the heater in there trying to help this dry quickly.  Once this dries they are planning on pouring the rest of our garage.
 
 
 
Here you can see where they busted up the framing of our first floor powder room in order to be able to pour the concrete.  They also took off our plumbing in that area.  We were a little bit confused as to why they had to do this, but I'm sure they are going to fix it once they are done pouring the garage.
 
 
This is where our thermostat will be for the house.  I think this is where we will be able to control the temperature and what not of the house.
 
 
We were excited to see that our fireplace was off of the floor and into it's proper resting place.
 
 
We lifted up the cover to see what it looked like underneath.  I'm so excited that we have an electric fireplace that we can just turn off and on.  I have a feeling we will use it a lot more if we don't have to worry about getting wood and starting the fire.
 
 
 
This is the main heating system for the first floor.  I think this will do the majority of heating on this level, but there are also vents scattered throughout the first floor.  There are two in the living room on each side of the fireplace, one in the dining room underneath our window, and then one more in our office underneath the window in that room.  I did not notice if there were any extra ones in the kitchen, and there was a tarp down over the morning room so I couldn't tell what was in there.
 
 
 
 
Here is another view of the heating system.
 
 
 
Here is the ceiling of our morning room.  This might actually be the place where the heat comes down in the morning room.  There might not be an additional vent in the floor, but I will confirm this later.  I was worried that this particular piece of wood was colored green, but my dad said it was nothing to worry about.  I guess it is just green paint, and not that the wood is rotting or messed up.
 
 
 
Here you can see the frozen over lake, or ice rink as Cody and my dad put it.  They see nothing wrong with going on and skating on the lake.  I, on the otherhand, do not trust the ice...  While we were standing in our morning room a herd of deer ran by.  There are about 6 or so deer that live in our development.  I feel so bad for them, because I know that until recently our lot was their home and now they are kind of being pushed out.  We see them running around people's yards everytime we drive through the development.
 
 
 
As far as our neighbors go... no news.  There wood still hasn't come in. We were all pretty shocked by this, because it seems like they are a little behind the curve.  There lot was dug not too long after ours.  It has to suck for them to not see any progress being made.  I'm sure once their wood comes in things will start going up quickly.
 
 
 
I was very surprised to find out that they were able to pour our basement this week.  I didn't think it was going to be warm enough for them to be able to, but when Cody called Tim today he told us that they had just poured it today.
 
 
 
We weren't able to go down, so I stuck my camera down and snapped some pictures.  You can see that they have heaters going down there.  When I was standing on top of the stairs I could feel the heat from the basement.
 
 
It's amazing what a camera can show you!  There was absolutely no way that we could see this while we were there besides trying to view these pictures.  I was only able to take pictures of each side of the stairs so there is still a lot more that we still can't see, but I think this can give a rough idea of what our basement currently looks like.  I am excited because I think on Sunday when we come back to the house we will be able to go down and walk around the basement!
 
 
 
Here is the hook up for our fridge.  It's nice to visualize where everything will go.
 
 
 
Here you can see where the extra row of wood is... this will be where our cabinets will be hung.
 
 
 
Here is a view of some of our plumbing.
 
 
Today a safety rail was added to our steps.  I can't help but think this would have been very helpful thing to have on Sunday when the house was iced over.  Maybe they added this on Monday morning to prevent anyone from falling down the stairs.  However, today the house was completely dry and there wasn't any ice throughout the house.  I suspect that once they got the roof on, and turned heaters on that it all went away pretty quickly.
 
 
Our bathroom showers were in place today.  Here you can see the main floor bath.
 
 
Here is a zoomed in view of the tub.  Ek! Looks like I'll be scrubbing that tub before we use it! 
 
 
The toliet hook up is right next to it, but the sink is in a completely seperate area.  I'm hoping this will keep the bathroom from feeling crowded.
 
 
 
Here is our shower.  We are a little bit confused by this shower.  We do not think that it is the correct one that we ordered. The one that we ordered had two showerheads, and it was 5 by 5.  This shower has one showerhead and it is 5 by 3.  Cody called Tim on our way home and left him a message about this.  Hopefully they are able to talk to each other in the morning and get this straightened out.
 
 
If you turn around you can see where our sinks will be.  We are going to have double sinks in our master bathroom.
 
 
Then in a seperate area is our toliet area.  Sorry that this is a bad picture.  I was snapping several of these pictures in the wrong mode.  I had to have Cody help me fix it.
 
 
 
This is a picture in our master bedroom.  You can see that the gaps in the ceiling are closed now that the roof is up.
 
 
Here is the heating pipe that is connected to that large heating vent on the first floor.
 
 
 
 
Here is our hookup for our washer and dryer.  Also on the other side of this room is our linen closet.  I am a litlte bit worried that it is not very large, so we are going to have to figure something out eventually.  We might add cabinets to this room or something down the line.
 
 
 
Here is the entrance that will lead up to our attic.  I doubt that we will ever use this space for anything.  They told us that it will primarily be insulation up there, and that maybe we could fit up a couple boxes, but I doubt that we will. 
 
 
The heating vents were arraigned a little different in some of the rooms.  In the two smaller rooms the vents were located inbetween the two windows in the room, and then in front of the door.
 
 
In the larger room the vent was located in the middle of the room and then by the door.
 
  
 
This is a view of what the vents look like by the doors.
 
 
Here is the vent in front of the master bedroom door.  This picture also shows you what our hallway will eventually look like.
 
 
The master bedroom was unique, because it had three vents in the room.  The one in front of the door, and then two additional vents located in front of each window in the room.
 
 
 
Here is the main heater in the master bathroom.  It is located in our biggest closet, but we believe it is supposed to heat both of our closets.  Our venting system in our bathroom is located above our toliet.  My dad thought that this was weird, because he thought it should have been closer to our shower.
 
 
Here is the heater and vent system for the main bath.  And that is about all of the updates that I have for today!  It is always so exciting to go to the house and to see what is new.  I'm sure that I will have more to talk about on Sunday when we go back to the house.  I think that Hannah and Kyle might join us this weekend to see the house for the first time. 
 
 
 

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...