Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2016 Predictions

Here are my 2016 predictions...  Cody and I have started to make spreadsheets with our vacation time on it so that we can optimize our vacation time.  We have plans all the way out to 2017 and most of our stuff for 2016 is already booked so I can say with pretty certainty that my trip predictions are pretty solid.


  • We are going to go to Orlando in the end of February.  I am super excited to see the newly expanded Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  I'm also looking forward to going to Disney for a couple of days.  Cody is super pumped to watch the Braves training camp games.  He is hoping to get an autograph from Chipper Jones.  His ultimate goal is to have a jersey signed and frame it and put it up in our basement.
  • I am hoping that I will get a position back onto first shift.  I really like my job as a warehouse supervisor, but not being on the same shift as Cody is difficult.  Hopefully I'll move back into a position in the office.
  • I got the 21 day fix for Christmas and I'm hoping that I can really stick with it and lose some weight this year!!  Cody said that he is interested in trying it as well.  So hopefully we will both start doing it.
  • We will also be going to Vegas in October with my mom.  This trip we are actually going to go to the Grand Canyon!  I think this very likely could be our LAST trip to Vegas for quite some time...
  • We are planning on going on a cruise to the Caribbean over Christmas time next year!  Yay!!  We have the unlimited drinking and dining package again!  We are going on the same ship as our honeymoon.
  • I am planning on reading some photography books and sharpening my picture taking skills.  I'm going to go to the library and see if I can't get some good books to read.  Someday I'd like to take a photography class.  I might end up looking for some instructional videos online too.
  • 2012/2013 we were planning building our house and in 2014/2015 we were planning our wedding.  I think this year we are going to have a gap in our planning for big events this year.  I don't really see any milestones happening this year...
  • Therefore, I do NOT think that we will be having a baby in 2016...  sorry all!  As of now I'm predicting spring/summer 2018.
  • Just for laughs... towards the end of 2015 Cody and I are talking about our plans for 2017.  So far we are planning on going on an Alaskan cruise in July and then we are planning on going to Hawaii for 2 weeks over Christmas.  I will actually start building up an extra week of vacation that year so we will have another week available to take off.  I am not sure if I'll just take a couple extra days off throughout the year or if we will go somewhere else...  So far we've talked about me just taking the holidays off that Cody gets or we might go on a cruise (with a port in Aruba) or maybe even go to Vegas one last time...  Looks like we'll see!
  • I'm looking forward to 2016!  Hopefully it's as good of a year as 2015.  :)

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...