Thursday, December 24, 2015

2014 in Review

Continuing on with my blogs that I should have written over a year ago...  Here are the highlights of 2014...


Right after getting engaged we came home and decided to get two kitties!!  We went to the animal shelter down the street and we got our boys!  I can't believe how much love and happiness these two little guys have brought us!





Cody and I got engaged just in time for bridal show season.  And we went to a TON of them!  In 2014 we were really looking hard for a photographer and a wedding venue.  I feel like we were meeting and interviewing photographers almost every weekend for months!!  We also toured and reviewed numerous wedding venues.  Planning a wedding is honestly a hobby...  Just like in 2012 our hobby was looking at model homes/houses.  2014 was all about wedding stuff.




In June 2014, I "graduated" from the LDP program at Swagelok and moved into a supervisor position on 2nd shift in the component warehouse.  This was definitely a challenge both professionally and personally.  I had never supervised anyone before and I was a little unprepared for the sleuth of problems that I was going to face in the position.  It was also challenging missing a lot of events and not getting to see Cody regularly.  That summer we meet up twice a week for lunch dates.  I would bring him lunch at Huntington Beach and then he'd come to Swagelok later on in the week.  It helped so that we could see each other more.




I went wedding dress shopping with my cousin, mom, and some of my friends.  I ended up finding my wedding dress at David's Bridal.  I had liked some other designs but I loved the corset on this dress and I really liked how I looked in it!




We were super excited to get a deck added onto our house!  We truly missed having this the previous year and it was a good addition the house.  Memorial Day weekend we had a little cookout for our friends and family to come over.




Krista, Deb, and the kids came to our house over Easter.  It was so much fun watching the kids trying to find their Easter eggs and their baskets.  Holidays with kids are so much fun!  




We celebrated our 3rd dating anniversary this year at the Melting Pot.




Katelynn and Shawn got married on 7/19/14.  It was a really nice ceremony and we got some great pictures with the family.  Katelynn is such a great addition to our family.  She's such a sweetheart!!


We went back to Hancock over the 4th of July for Kelsie's 8th birthday.


We had our engagement photo session with our wedding photographer.


Our nephew, Eric Jeffery Charles, was born on 7/20/14.  We got to meet him over Labor Day weekend.


Another addition to our family was my cousin Aaron's son Maxwell.  Maxwell was born on October 10th 2014.




My little cousin, Raquel, also had a baby girl named Brylee on 12/8/14.



We had our best trip to Vegas yet!  We went to Vegas in October when the weather at home was in the 30s to 40s, but the weather there was in the 80s and 90s.  It was FANTASTIC!  We loved it so much that I don't think we'll go to Vegas during any other season.  We got to go on a kayaking trip that started at the base of the Hoover Dam...


Then we went to the Valley of Fire which was absolutely stunning.  The next day we went to Red Rock Canyon and an abandoned ghost town.  We also had a ton of fun swimming and drinking by the pool at our resort.  It was really hard to top the view and the proposal from our last trip to Vegas... but I have to admit we had a lot of fun during this trip.




Grandma's last Christmas was in 2014.  :(




We went on our first couple's trip with Hannah and Kyle.  We went to Fort Lauderdale over New Year's Eve.  We all went on a segway for the first time, tried alligator bites, went to Miami (and had a comprehensive tour of the city), we had excellent pizza from a shop right by our hotel, we played back alley to all parts of the night, we went on a New Year's Eve yacht party booze cruise, and overall had a fun time! 




2014 was a good year for us.  Probably the most significant thing that happened was expanding our family and getting our boys.  We also made good progress on planning our wedding.  We spent a lot of time with our family and we got to go on two pretty awesome trips.  Another great year for us.  :)

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...