Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 in Review

Here is what happened in our life in 2015....


On January 17th, Cody got Lasik eye surgery.  This has truly changed his life and made things so much easier on him.  He now has perfect vision and had absolutely no complications with the surgery.  Besides sleeping for the whole day after the surgery he was absolutely fine. We actually went to the IX Bridal Show the next day!!


On March 29th we had a our bridal shower.  Hannah hosted us at her house and everything turned out perfectly! 


One of the highlights of the shower was the toilet paper brides.  My dad ended up winning the competition and was pretty hilarious.


My grandma died on April 16th.  She was 88 years old.  For me one of the most touching parts of grandma's funeral was when the hearse drove down her street and some of the neighbors waved to us going by.  Also I remember being very impressed with how well the priest remembered and talked about my grandma during the service.   I'm also very happy that I went up and gave an eulogy at the service as well.  It was hard to do, but I think everyone deserves something personal said about them during their funeral.


I can not even describe how much of our time was wrapped up into planning and finalizing every little detail of the wedding.  I really don't feel like I was a bridezilla at all or that we were too worried about small details... but picking out where to get the table clothes from and what they would look like was SUPER stressful!!  When I look back at the wedding planning now of what I was most worried about the month leading up to the wedding was figuring this out.


My bachelorette party was on May 16th.  Hannah, Steph, and I went to a bacholorette themed murder mystery and then we went out in Cleveland.  Super kudos for Hannah for finding such a perfect idea for my bachelorette party.



These were my wedding nails.  Today is 7 months since I had these nails on and I'm still proud of how awesome they looked!  I absolutely LOVED my wedding nails!!


Both of our moms got their first pedicures for our wedding.  It's funny how they both never had one before!!


We had a half an hour wedding rehearsal two days before our wedding and somehow we miraculously remembered almost all of the instructions that they gave us!! 


We had our rehearsal dinner at Stancatos.  It was ok, but it was more over priced than what we expected so... I'm only half happy about our choice of going there.



That night we hung out and played drinking games.


The day before our wedding we had a cookout for the people that were out of town.  It gave a lot of Cody's family a chance to get a tour and see our house for the first time.


Our wedding night I stayed at our hotel with my cousin Hannah.  We did facials and massages and did a lot of girly things.  I was so excited and thinking so much the night before the wedding that I didn't really get much sleep at all.  I was even texting a little bit with Cody throughout the night about stuff haha.


I could literally write pages and pages about our wedding (and I have in other blogs).  When I think back to our wedding something that really stands out to me is how much fun I had.  Cody and I were together all day long and we danced to almost every song at our wedding.  I've looked back on some of the videos that were taken and sometimes we were the only ones on the floor.  Just looking at this picture it makes me think of how much I love him and how even if it's just the two of us that we can have so much fun together.  Our wedding day was a perfect day.  Everything about it went right and I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out.


Our choice for a honeymoon was something that we seriously debated over and over again.  In the end, I'm happy with our choice.  We had a lot of fun on our cruise... especially with the unlimited drinking and dining packages.  :)  We went to St. Thomas, The Baths, and Atlantis and all of our stops were unique and we did different things.  In St. Thomas we went on a really good island tour.  To get to the Baths we went on an hour boat ride, snorkeled and climbed through caves.  In Atlantis we got to tour the facility and see what it had to offer. Maybe one day we'll go back to Atlantis for a few days and check it out more.

I worked on second shift the entire year in 2015.  I've been in this position for about a year and half now.  I like being in a position for a longer period of time, and I mostly like the job.  It's definitely a different position than what I've done in the past and it is challenging.  I'd stay in the position long term if I was on first shift and could see Cody more often.  I've realized that there are a lot of things that you miss by working an off-shift.  It was hard planning our wedding and spending our first year as newly weds apart, but... it is a good job and it pays well...  so I can't complain too much about it.  I just hope that 2016 brings a position where I'm home more often at night.


We went to Hancock over Labor Day again for a few days.  I had a lot of fun going to Chuck E Cheese with the kiddos.  My mom always used to take me there so it was fun to go with the kids.


We went back to Vegas in October and stayed at our beloved Bellagio!  Surprisingly the room was a little bit of a down grade for us because we are used to having a room with a full kitchen... but the hotel itself and the pool was absolutely wonderful.  We also went to the best show I've ever been to in Vegas... Terry Fator!!  LOVED him!  He is AMAZING and I hope we go to see him again on our next trip to Vegas.


I was able to find and convert our long lost home movies!  My mom has never asked me for basically anything for Christmas except to have our home movies converted to DVD.  The problem was that after my mom moved out of my dad's house (almost 5 years ago) the movies have been missing.  I've literally searched my dad's whole house and mine, but they were no where to be found.  I told my mom she must have had them at her house somewhere.  Well... a couple days before Christmas I was looking for pictures for my dad's photo album and I decided to go upstairs to find a picture.  As I was upstairs something told me to walk towards the back of the attic.  I looked on top of the dresser (which I've searched numerous times) and right on top was the WHOLE box for home movies!!  I whooped for joy when I found them!  It made my whole day/week/month, and I was sooooo excited when mom was getting ready to open them.  I'm pretty sure that this was the first Christmas present that she's ever been surprised and excited about.  I tried to limit my conversations with her before Christmas so I wouldn't ruin the surprise.  Now I've searched so long for these movies and could never find them...  I don't think that it is a coincidence that the year my grandma died was the year that I found the movies for her.  I also found them with JUST enough time for them to be all converted (they have to play all the way through to convert).  I'm so happy that they were found in time!  She was super excited!


My dad was so inspired from watching the old home movies that he went out and bought a video camera to capture our Christmas this year.


Cody turned 30 years old this year!!  His mom, sister, and dad threw a fun party for him at Ridge Runners in Hancock.  We all hung out all night and the guys had some fun re-living their wrestling years haha.


Obviously 2015 was an incredible year for us.  Our wedding truly trumped and overshadowed everything else in the year for us.  That was what our year was all about.  It's exciting to think about what our next big thing is going to be now that we have our house and now that we're married... but I guess that's what my 2016 predictions blog is going to be about!!  :)


Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...