Monday, December 26, 2022

2023 Predictions

  As is my yearly tradition... I like to try to make predictions for the next year.  I love re-reading these blogs on New Years Eve, and seeing how my predictions went.  


  • I think that we are giving up on having a second baby.  Our fertility treatments didn't go our way this year, and baby items/clothes are starting to stack up on us.  I think I'm going to start selling our stuff and moving on.  I'm sad for Kayla on most likely becoming an only child, but that feels like where we are at.
  • We are going to go to Disneyland and San Diego this March.  I'm excited to go out there!  I'm excited to see Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo.
  • We are also planning on going to Mrytle Beach in July at the same time as Krista and her family.  We are excited to go there during peak season.
  • We loved the cruise we took in 2022 so much that we booked another one for next November.
  • 3M is laying off 10,000 people, so that does make things a bit stressful.  I'm hoping that my job will be unaffected.
  • I hope that I will continue to be able to work a couple days from home throughout 2023.
  • Cody will most likely stay at Huntington Beach, but could possibly put in a transfer request to a reservation closer to our home.
  • Kayla is doing really well with her school and moved into preschool early.
  • Kayla just started going to a "big girl" dance class without mommy.  We will probably be working to move her into a "big girl" gymnastics class this year.
  • We want to work on Kayla's speech development and learning how to handle big emotions this year.
  • I think that we are going to spend a lot of time at Cedar Point this summer/fall.
  • We have monthly dates planned with Gigi and Papa this year.

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...