Saturday, January 11, 2020

Week 39


On Tuesday, Jan 7th I went to my last doctor's appointment!  I was 3 cm dilated at the appointment.  This was the first week that I had my cervix checked and then had to go back to work.  Phew!  I can't believe how bad it hurt!  A couple hours later, I barely felt like I could move and I was definitely feeling very crampy.  I guess that's why they give people the option of getting checked or not, because once your cervix is soft/starting to dilate it's no picnic!  
 
During this appointment I met with Dr. Bellante and she asked just nonchalant kinda casually asked if I'd like to be induced, and I just kind of shrugged and said sure.  She said that she was on duty on Thursday, and that Megan Foote was on duty on Saturday.  She said that they only schedule so many inductions at a time, because they want to have room for people coming in naturally to have their babies.  And she said that they only schedule on days that one of them were in.  So as I was walking out the receptionist said that she was going to try to book me for Saturday and that she'd call me later on with the time.  And I was like woohoo!!  I was so excited to have a date, and I was planning on taking Thursday and Friday off from work.  Also I was really excited that Megan Foote was going to be delivering our baby because has been my primary doctor and I like her a lot.
 
Well, on my way home from work they called and told me that they were full on Saturday and couldn't get me in until Wednesday!!!!  Wednesday is on the 15th which is PAST my due date!  AH!  I was soooo upset!  I already had it in my mind all day that we were going to go in on Saturday and that I'd take the next couple days off of work.  I just couldn't imagine that I was going to make it all the way to the 15th so I figured that I probably wouldn't even be induced.  Ugh!  I wish that they would have scheduled me for a date the week before like I wanted, but I guess I'm considered low priority for a induction because I've had a healthy/normal pregnancy... except that the baby is big.  So now the baby will probably be around 9 lbs and I'll probably need a c-section.  I also have no idea which doctor I'm scheduled with either... so I don't know how will be delivering the baby.  I'm super annoyed by it.  I called Cody and I was so upset about not being able to go in until Wednesday because I was wanting to take a few days off before the baby came.  And I was like watch I won't take a few days off and then the baby will come Saturday anyway...  So I was upset about not being able to plan my days off I think more than anything.  But by the time I made it home, I decided that Wednesday was going to be last day ANY WAY!  So I took those days off and just said oh well even if I don't get induced until Wednesday I'll only have to use 4 vacation days max and I'll still have 3 weeks of vacation time left when I get back anyway.
 
Also, I mentioned to the doctors that baby gets the hiccups a lot, and they said yeah that's a good sign of a healthy baby.  Well... this baby must be quite healthy because she gets hiccups all the time!  Sometimes two or three times a day, but at least once every day for sure.  Baby hiccups feel soooo weird... especially because her head is sitting so low right now.  The hiccups vibrate me "down there" and feel super uncomfortable.  I think baby hiccups are almost worse than the contractions that I've had, because they just keep going and going!  And a lot of times I end up getting contractions after them too.
 
I thought that I was going to go into labor for SURE on 10th because it was a full moon.  They say that full moons put more pressure on women and that a lot of babies are born on full moons.  Well, a girl I know DID go into labor that night, but I did NOT.  Rats!
  
The good news of baby not coming was that I was able to hang out with Becky and Abby on Friday afternoon.  We did baby "training" where I gave her some bottles, tried to burp her, changed a couple diapers, and we put her in the swing we have.  Which was good because the straps were way tight and we had to make some adjustments on them so that Abby could fit.  We also got to go to the guy Cody works with retirement party.  So it was nice to see the people that he works with and hang out for a bit during the night.  Towards 7:30pm I started to get uncomfortable and decided to leave early... and I got a bunch of contractions on the way home and I was actually hopeful that maybe I'd have the baby last night... but once I got home and moved positions out of the car they stopped.
 
Today (Saturday) I was able to go out to lunch and hang out with Hannah for a few hours.  So that was nice to hang out with her.  We went to Cracker Barrel and we got a dessert after lunch, and I was eating it and then the feeling of being SUPER full just hit me out of no where!  I was like phewww... no more room in there to eat!  And then baby was super active afterwards so I think maybe the food was constricting her or something, because she was no longer comfortable.

So right now, we are basically on baby watch and just waiting for her to show up!  Come on baby!  You can come anytime you'd like to!

Cosmo 2013 - 2024

 Our sweet loving Cosi died on 5/8 at 2:19am.