Monday, December 30, 2019

2019 in Review

As usual 2019 was another great year for us!  This was the year of BABIES!  :)  


First baby of the year was my cousin Shawn's new baby girl, Lucy.  She was born on 1-6-19.


In February we went to Orlando.  We did a one day park hopping ticket and visited all of the "new" things at Disney at the time.  We also went to Universal and the Braves spring training games.  And we stayed at the wonderful Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort which we absolutely loved!



Hannah's baby Maia turned 1 Years Old and I was able to take her 1 year old pictures!



Later in March we went down to Columbus to watch North Carolina play in the March Madness Tournament!  We also got super lucky and the team went to the bar/restaurant that was right next to our hotel so we got to see the guys!






This year Cody and I started to setup our "trying" for a baby.  We had tried basically all of 2018 with no results, so I ended up getting an Ovusense nightly monitoring device and we started to see a couple of doctors looking into fertility issues.  I ended up getting a HSG procedure done in March that put dye in my tubes and cleaned them out.




April 1st - April 4th




We went to Vegas again in April!  We got to see Penn and Teller for the first time (we've been wanting to see them for years).  My mom, aunt Karen, and uncle Gary were also in Vegas during this trip, and we all went to see the King of Tournaments with them at Excalibur.  It was without a doubt the best medieval times type of show that I've ever seen!  It was sooo much fun!


In Vegas I crossed sky diving off of my bucket list!  It was one of those "sounded good, but kinda sucked in actually doing it" items on my bucket list.  I think this is one of the only things on my bucket list that I've crossed off and I'm like... yeah NEVER again!  Haha!



On May 6th we found out that we were pregnant!!!   Cody and I were soooo thrilled about this!


 After a super long wait, Game of Thrones finally ended in May.





In June Cody's mom retired and we got to go to her awesome retirement party!




On June 10th we got to go to our first Ultrasound appointment!  And we got to see our tiny little baby and have our pregnancy officially confirmed!



On August 22nd we found out that we were having a baby GIRL!!  



On our trip to Alaska, Cody surprised me by buying us first class plane tickets!  Another bucket list item completed for me!


Our cruise left out of Seattle.  Seattle was another bucket list item for me!  I've always wanted to go there, and we had a blast during our tour of Pike Place Market.



Which leads to our major trip of the year!  Going on our Alaskan Cruise!  Cody and I have literally been talking about doing this for 6 years!  And we decided that once we were pregnant it was either a now or never type of thing, and this was a "bucket list" item for both of us... so we HAD to go!


We were able to eat King Crab in Juneau Alaska!  Another bucket list item for me!



Another item off my bucket list was going on a dog sled ride in Alaska...  again this was one of those things that seemed like it would be SO cool, but in reality it wasn't what I was picturing.



But this trip was absolutely gorgeous!   We had so much fun going into all of the ports that we visited.  The weather was unreal while we were in Alaska... we were SO lucky.


In September we had a baby shower for my Preggo Buddy!  Becky is about 9 weeks ahead of us, which has been super exciting for us all year!  We have talked and gotten so much closer this year over baby stuff!  From us both trying to conceive, to both of us now having babies just a few months apart from each other!  So exciting!



Cody and I took a 6 week birthing and baby class to get ready for our baby girl!


Next up was MY baby shower in November.  My mom worked SO hard for so many months to plan this baby shower for us.  My mom, Becky, and Hannah planned such a wonderful baby shower for us!  We felt so much love from everyone!


The next week, my work threw me a baby shower that was sooo sweet of them!



On November 13th, Becky had her baby girl, Abigail!  We are so excited and happy for them!  And we can't wait for our girls to grow up together!


During Thanksgiving, we went back to Hancock and had our last shower which was thrown by these lovey ladies!  We loved getting to see everyone and appreciated everyone coming to our shower!


December was a whirlwind of trying to get ready for Christmas and trying to get ready for the baby!  I feel pretty good with all of the things that we've bought and set up in our house for the baby!  I've also been trying to read a bunch of baby books, watch different programs, and just try to get ready for her!  I feel good that I've completed all my "to-do lists" and I don't feel like there's much more that we can do until she gets here!


Christmas Eve, we got probably the last ultrasound of our baby girl!  They were projecting that she weighs about 7 lbs 10 ounces already!  And the doctor thinks that she could come any day now!  We are soooo excited for her to get here!  It's pretty much consumed us this whole year.  We can't wait for 2020 and what it brings with our baby girl!

Cosmo 2013 - 2024

 Our sweet loving Cosi died on 5/8 at 2:19am.