Sunday, November 17, 2019

Pregnancy Weeks 30 - 31


 During week 30, we continued going to our baby classes, and we learned about epidurals and c-sections.  This pretty much cemented my decision to get an epidural for sure!!  Also during this week, Cody was able to feel the baby moving around in my tummy!  It's exciting for him to get to feel her.  She still hasn't kicked for him yet though.  I think that her feet are facing down because I really haven't felt any big kicks from her recently.  I think her feet are pretty low, because I can feel her kicking, but it's not like the big kicks that I felt before when her feet were up in the air.


My work also threw me a really nice baby shower!  I really wasn't expecting a whole lot from everyone, so I was truly blown away by everyone's generosity!   We had a nice lunch and everyone shared their baby stories/advice, and we got quite a few things that we needed for the baby at the shower too.  It was very very nice!


During week 31, we got to go to our baby basics class.  I learned that babies don't need to wear hats and mittens in the house or they'll over heat!   I did not know that at all.  We also practiced changing a diaper and bathing a baby during class.





Another exciting thing that happened this week is that Ms. Abigail Elizabeth Delia was born on Nov 13th at 8:11pm!  I'm am sooo excited that Becky and I both had little girls and that they will only be a couple months apart!  I am sooo excited for them to grow up together!  We got to go and snuggle the baby for a little bit before going to our baby basics class on Thursday night.  I can't wait to get more snuggle time in with her!




So something that has been going on for literally my entire pregnancy... but I don't think that I've mentioned it before... is Cosmo's dilemma.  He has always climbed onto me and laid on my chest to cuddle.  However, in order to do that he has to step on my belly to get up to my chest.  And ever since I've been pregnant I haven't been letting him step on my belly.  So he has been a very flustered cat, and has been trying to figure out a good way to get snuggles without stepping on my tummy.  He has actually started to lay on Cody's chest and cuddle with him (which he never did before). This is him contemplating how to get around my baby bump. Poor kitty!  I don't think he gets why I won't let him step there.

Cosmo 2013 - 2024

 Our sweet loving Cosi died on 5/8 at 2:19am.