Saturday, December 29, 2018

2018 in Review

Here is my annual year in review summary...  2018 was another great year for us.  It was the year of the weddings!  Between Cody and I, we were in 3 different weddings this year so that occupied a lot of our summer.


This year we went to Vegas with BOTH of our moms.  We were really excited to get to take both of them on vacation with us, and we had a great time in Vegas as usual.



Hannah and Kyle had their baby girl, Maia, on March 16th, 2018.




I had so much fun with all of Becky's wedding activities this year!  Her bachelorette party was a great time!  We were in Chautauqua and went on a winery tour.  This was my first ever winery tour and it was so much fun!




Similarly, I had fun on Steph's bachelorette party as well.  We went down to Mohican and rented a raft for the day.




Cody and I also finally went on a Royal Caribbean cruise!  We've been talking about doing this for quite some time, and we really had a blast on this trip.



Our first wedding this year was Brandon and Brianne's.  Cody was the best man in their wedding.  Cody and Brandon have been friends forever, and we always try to hang out with them when we go to Hancock.  We were so happy to be apart of their wedding day.



I was a bridesmaid in my Aunt Becky's wedding!!  So so so happy for her and Bobby!  Our family had so much fun at their wedding.  I'm so glad that they found each other and wish them all the happiness in the world!


Speaking of someone that I'm extremely happy for...  shout out to my cousin Hannah and her new wonderful boyfriend, Levi!  I'm so happy that she found such a nice guy that seems to treat her so well.  Hoping for another wedding down the line on this one...  :)


This leads me to another long awaited wedding...  Steph and Jon's wedding!  Steph has been my BFF for quite a while now, sooo obviously I was in the wedding party!  Her ceremony on the beach was so beautiful!  So happy for my buddies tying the knot the way that they wanted to.


Speaking of Steph's wedding...  that leads right in to our trip to Myrtle Beach.  This was our first real time in Myrtle Beach and we weren't really sure what to expect... but we were pleasantly surprised with how much we found to do.  Also, it was great getting to room with our besties!  This was our first trip ever with Sam and Maia.  :)  Actually it was Maia's first trip EVER!  Yay Maia!


After almost 15 years of wanting to learn more about Photoshop, I finally took a class through the Cleveland Photographic Society.  Now I'm no where near a pro at it, but I can dabble a bit now.  I feel very accomplished at finally taking a first step in learning this program.




After two trips to India, dad finally got his new teeth in.  Phew!  I'm so glad that it all worked out and went well in the end.



Poor Cosmo had to go to vet this year.  His paw had some type of infection and he was limping around and really wasn't himself (poor baby).  After the initial/generic treatment plan didn't work he had to go through a biopsy to get diagnosed with what was wrong with him.  Luckily the biopsy worked and he was able to get one round of treatment and has been better ever since.  He had a rough week or so, but it was worth it in the end.





In July we said goodbye to my first car, the Ford Fiesta, and bought our new Hyundai Sonata. 



After dating for 18 years, Cody's mom and Neil finally got engaged!




I turned 30 years old this year!!!  GASP!  I was sooo pleasantly surprised by birthday dinner.  Cody and my dad arranged for my family to come in and surprise me for dinner.  It was such a great night!





Like I said above, 2018 was a pretty good year for us.  We were able to go on three vacations which we always love when that's possible.  We also got to spend a lot of time with friends and family this year too.  The only negative for us this year was no baby.  We really didn't predict that would be the case at the end of last year... but I guess things happen in their own time.  But overall, we had a pretty good year.  Here's to a great 2019!


Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...