Saturday, October 4, 2014

Jacqueline's baby shower


 
 
August 23rd 2014 was Jacqueline's baby shower.  I got to ride down to Columbus to Jacqueline's parents house with these three lovely ladies!  We were very prompt and we were actually the first people to the shower.  Girl power!  Now I have to say I am starting to take my reputation as the "family photographer" to heart, and I'm starting to get a little proud of some of my pictures.  I like photo journalism or capturing moments as they happen... check out some of my pictures below.


Hannah and the girls!  I'm pretty sure this picture ended up being a Facebook profile picture... just saying!

 

 Aunt Sherry with her newest daughter in law Katelynn!  Isn't the view of Jacqueline's parents house unbelievable??  And it's not too shabby of a picture either ;)


I love this picture of Jacqueline, her baby bump, and Katelynn enjoying the view!!   I won't lie... I saw them talking and I was waiting for the right moment to take it.  I think this is my favorite picture of the shower.


Aunt Sherry is the master of games.  Here she was starting to play her baby edition of "The Price is Right".


We had two rounds of different categories. The first was Bath Time and the other was On the Go.  Aunt Sherry had a list of items and we had to guess the cost of each item and whoever was closest to the actual retail price of the showcase without going over moved on the showcase show down.  


Here are "Sherry's Beauties" modeling some of the showcase items.



Robyn was one of the finalist that made it to the final showcase!


The final showcase was baby OSU gear.  Such an adorable idea for Aaron and Jacqueline's baby boy.  I could tell that Aunt Sherry was so proud of her idea, and in the end I think that the game was a SUPER good idea for a baby shower, because in the end Jacqueline was the real winner because Aunt Sherry gave her all of the super cute stuff she used in all the showcases.



Aaron and the other guys came to the shower a little bit before we started unwrapping presents.  Here is Aunt Sherry showing him the OSU showcase.  I think he was pretty excited by it.


Then it was time to open presents!  And boy did they have a bunch!  They had so many that we had to take an "intermission" after opening half of the presents to get some dessert.


And the desserts were super cute!!  Look at those little mustaches on those cupcakes!  It kind of makes me think of the Mario Brothers haha.


Here is Jacqueline and her sister.  Her sister was keeping track of who bought her what.  Her sister is also going to have a baby a couple months after Aaron and Jacqueline's baby is born.


This was such a cute idea that I had to take a picture of it and show it.  The "roses" in this bouquet are actually little boys socks rolled up to look like roses.  Such a creative and cute idea.


Present opening!


Katelynn was the designated "Present Taker-Awayer"  Once Jacqueline opened a present, Katelynn took it to another room for her so that she didn't get overwhelmed by the presents. 


I think that Aaron and Jacqueline got a lot of really nice things at the shower that will help them when the baby comes.  It was nice to get to go out there and hang out with everyone.  Even after the shower we all went over to Matthew and Robyn's for pizza and games.  It was a fun night.  I can't wait until when their baby is born and find out what they name him.  I think that he is expected to arrive any day now.


Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...