Saturday, October 4, 2014

Bridesmaid's Dress Shopping!

So excited to announce that we finally found my bridemaid's dresses for the wedding!!!  Before I show the dress that we ended up going with I'll show you some runner ups first!


My best friends Hannah, Steph, and I went bridemaids dress shopping back in May.  We went to Catan and David's Bridal.  Again, I had another experience where I don't really like Catans.  None of their dresses in the show room are larger than a size 12 and that makes it hard to try on dress there.  However, I really did like the dress above from there.


When we went to David's Bridal we had a much more enjoyable experience and were able to try on dresses and have fun.  We never went back to Catan's after that.  This is one of the dresses that we considered.


At the end of the day our top contender was the dress that Hannah had on in the color that Steph was wearing.  However, after some thought about it I decided that I really wasn't sure about that dress, because I had envisioned a dress that was not strapless.  At the time I was still leaning more towards a one strapped dress like the pink one from Catan's.


Both Hannahs and I went back to David's Bridal in September to look at dresses again and we found this dress!!!  I like the material and how this dress looks a lot!  I think that the two straps looks good on them.  I also liked the cut of this dress better than a one shoulder dress, because they can wear a wide variety of jewelry options with it.  You can see the details on Hannah Johnson's dress better because her dress is lighter and comes out better in pictures.


Our colors for our wedding are light blue and grey/silver.  I really absolutely love the color this dress comes in too!  We are going to get the dress that Hannah is wearing but in the color that Sam has on!!  It's called cornflower and it is exactly the color that Cody and I were going for.  We wanted a lighter blue color but not too light or too dark.  So this color is really perfect.  So excited for the girls to get their dresses in!  We found the dresses towards the end of September so they have plenty of time to get them ordered in.  And David's Bridal is really good about getting dresses in quickly too.  :)


To make things even better later on that night we went to the mall looking for shoes and jewelry.  We decided to go into dress barn and look for a dress for my wedding shower (which I found by the way!!)  but we stumbled upon the perfect jewelry for the girls to wear!!!  It's hard to tell in the picture but the necklace really shines and is light blue too.  If you look at the beads closest to the chain you get an idea of what it would look like.  I bought a color sample from David's Bridal so you can see what the jewelry looks like compared to what the color of the dress is going to be.  I am super excited about finding the girls dresses and jewelry so quickly!  Now we just need to find their shoes!!  So excited that everything is coming together!!!  :)

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...