Saturday, June 22, 2013

Celebrating Two Years!

 
Here I am with my best friend on our 2 year anniversary.  It seems crazy to me that we've only been dating for two years.  Maybe it's because we've done so much together and we are with each other so often.
 
 
We went to a local North Royalton restaurant called Carrie Cerino's.  It is a fancy place that had really good food.  Cody and I think that it is going to become our traditional anniversary celebrating place.
 
 
Here is the place. :)
 
 
We made reservations ahead of time and they placed this card on our table to show that we were celebrating our anniversary.
 
 
At the end of our dinner they brought out a cake for us!  We were pretty surprised by it, and it was pretty yummy.  Too bad for my diet that we had already bought ice cream cake from DQ to eat too haha.
 
 
Such a pretty place. I loved getting all dressed up to go out.  I spent about an hour curling my hair with my new curling wand, but I like how it turned out (besides burning my forehead on my last curl).  But overall we had a great anniversary night with each other. 
 
Now I just wanted to go through some of the highlights of our first two years together.  I'm sure that I've missed something, because we've done a lot together... but here are the highlights
 
 
I've just realized that I don't have a ton of pictures of Cody and I before we moved in together.  Hrmm...  I must have been trying to not scare him off or something.  Here is a picture of us during my first trip to New York.  I think we were dating for about a week or two here.  Cody went back his home town before me, and he paid for a plane ticket for me to come out to meet his family.  After a ton of issues with the airlines I finally made it out there! 
 

 
When we first started dating I worked at Bendix and I would go over to his grandma's house every night after work.  Cody lived in his grandma's basement for about the first year of our relationship.  I finished up my last year at BGSU too.  We spent about a year going back and forth every weekend to see each other.
 
 
 
Here is the night after I graduated from BGSU.  We had just moved into our Bungalow in North Olmsted.
 
 
This place was nice for the year that we lived there.  But I don't regret leaving it after a year.  The one car driveway was such a pain!  But honestly, it was a nice place to live while we were there. 
 
 
Over the past two years, we've traveled to New York to see Cody's family a few times.  We've also been invited to about 5 weddings since we've first started dating.  It was during this trip to New York that we both said "I love you" to each other for the first time. 
 

 
We went on what was both of our first cruise!  We went to the Grand Caymans, Belize, Cozumel, and Roatan.  We both really enjoyed the cruise and we can't wait to go on our next one!  We are planning for either Feb or March!  We went on this cruise in March during my spring break, we'd been dating about 9 months.
 
 
We spent our first two Thanksgivings in Las Vegas together.  This picture is during our first trip in 2011.  We had been dating about 5 months.
 
 
Cody converted me to a North Carolina fan.  Here we are in Vegas watching them play live in 2011.
 
 
Here we are in 2012 at our favorite spot in Vegas.  We love watching the Bellagio fountains go off.  We have decided it is our spot at Vegas.
 
 
During our second trip at Vegas we went to the Hoover Dam (2012).
 
 
We have been to numerous baseball games together.
 
 
We've gone to Cedar Point at least once every year too.
 
 
The first year that we dated was our concert year.  I dragged Cody to a bunch of country concerts and then I went to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert with him.  This picture is at a Taylor Swift concert.  I think she put on one of my favorite concerts that I've been to!
 
 
Cody got to experience the thrills of the Corn Fest!  He's going on his third Corn Fest season this year.
 
 
We have stayed at Seneca Allegany more times than I can count.  Cody used to get free rooms there, so on our way to New York we would always stop off there.
 

I think the longest period of time Cody and I have gone without seeing each other was when I went to China with my dad.  Since then we've only spent a handful of nights apart.  Usually we are with each other every day.
 
 
 
We went to Niagara Falls just before our one year anniversary.  Cody booked this trip as my graduation present from BGSU.
 
 
Can't forget the Cavs games that we have gone to!  Luckily Swagelok likes to offer free tickets to different sporting events throughout the year so Cody and I have been able to go to a few Cavs games with really good seats.
 
 
Like I mentioned we have been to numerous weddings with each other throughout our relationship.  It seems like every year we get invited to a couple.
 
 
 
The zoo!  Cody and my first date was at the zoo.  We went back for the first time during Memorial Day weekend with Cody's family this year (2013)
 
 
We bought our house together!
 
 
And then went through the strenuous process of picking out everything for the house.  I'm so pleased by all the choices we made.  I'm also amazed at how well we were able to agree on everything. We had very few arguments throughout the whole process of building our house.  I think the area where we were in the most disagreement was about what colors to paint the walls, but other than that we have very similar taste, and generally wanted the same things.
 
 
Then towards the middle of April 2013 we moved into our house.  This was about 2 years after the first time that we had met.
 
 
 
 
Here we are in our favorite position.  We cuddle on our couch every night and watch tv together.  I'm so excited for our next years together.  I wouldn't want to share them with anyone else.  We have more exciting plans coming up.  :)



Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...