Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Car!!

Here is my brand new beautiful car!!  I know that most everyone has seen my car already, but I just wanted to highlight some of the features on my car.  I'm really proud of having my brand new car!!  I just love it!!  It's fantastic.  I also feel really happy about getting a Ford for a lot of various reasons.  One imparticular is supporting American made cars.  Originally I was not looking at getting a Ford Fiesta at all.  I was planning on getting Hyundai Elantra, but due to the fact that these cars were EXTREMELY back logged (it would have taken up to 6 weeks JUST to test drive one!!), and there was no negotiation available to buy the car... I decided it wasn't the most economic or timely situation.  I was extremely sick of my car, and I did not want to bring it to Bowling Green with me.  My gas tank was off, and there were a lot of other various issues with the car... it seemed like something new was going wrong every week.  And I had just completed my coop with Bendix so I had a little bit of extra money laying around, so I decided that my first BIG purchase was going to be a new car.  :)  I am sooooo thrilled that I decided to do that. I love having a new car that's very operational, and it's especially great because I've been driving home a lot to see Cody.  So without further ado... here is the picture of my car...


Pretty isn't she??  It was worth the extra two-three week wait for this blue color.  I loooove the color.  The pictures really don't due it justice.  It was by far my favorite color choice.  This car is automatic, has a super fuel economy package added to it, a winter package, ambient lighting, cruise control, sync system, and satellite radio.  I will explain what each feature means down below in the appropriate area.


Here is a view of the back of the car with my temp plates still on.  So you can imagine how long ago I took these pictures!!  My car now has it's "big kid plates" on!!  I actually kinda got ripped off.  I got my new plates in the beginning of October, and because my birthday is in November I had to pay for tags for this year and next year.  I could have paid $35 until November 9th, and then had to come back to get tags for 2012, or I could have paid the $72 and got both years... so in the end that's what I did.  Rip!  But that's taxes for ya I guess...


Here is one GREAT feature about my car... which was a pretty big selling factor for me.  It averages about 38 MPG between highway and city driving which is excellent.  It used to take me a full tank of gas in my old car driving home and then back to BG.  This car takes about 1/2 a tank.  I don't have to hardly fill up much at all, and I can really tell that I'm saving on gas in this car which is nice... especially since I'm not working at Bendix anymore!!  This car actually gets better gas mileage than the average Fiesta because it has a super fuel economy package on it... which gets me some extra MPG.


Here is my sync system!!  I LOVE my sync system... everyone else hates it.  Haha!  Basically it makes my car a blue tooth device, so whenever I'm in my car my phone is automatically connected to my car so when someone calls me or when I call someone I can just talk to them in my car and I don't have to worry about holding onto my phone.  I find it incredibly convenient.  Everyone else complains that they can't really hear me well, because it's like I have them on speaker phone.  I'm a big fan of it though.  All I have to do is press that little button, and then I tell my system who I want it to call.  USUALLY it understands what I mean, but if I ever get an attitude with my car it will just completely ignore me, and ask me to re-state what I had said.  It kind of annoys me sometimes. I'm sure you can picture it.  Me being annoyed and fighting with my car... and it just saying "Please say a command" and then I'm like I DID say a command!!  I TOLD YOU TO CALL CODY CHARLES!!!!!  GR!   "Please say a command"  CALL CODY CHARLES!!!!!!!!  "Please say a command"  Grrrr.... Grrrr....  I take a big breath.  Call Cody Charles, please.  "Calling Cody Charles"  It's funny how my sync system always wins.


This is hard to see in the picture but this is my display screen.  I can do a lot on this screen.  It shows me what is on the radio, or who is calling me.  I think it's nice.  :)  I was lucky, and I got Sirius radio for 6 months free in my car.  I've become a pretty big fan of it, and I almost always listen to it now.  It's nice driving back and forth from BG, because I don't have to channel surf to find a station that works on the drive.


Here is my steering wheel.  I have cruise control, and I am able to switch my radio channels from my steering wheel.  Also I'm not sure if you can see the little phone button or not, but that is how I can answer calls coming in.

 Here's a zoomed in verison  You can see the little phone icon there.


This is my cruise control area.






I have ambient lighting on my car... which basically means that my floor lights and my cup holders can change 7 different colors.  It's kinda cool.  I didn't really need it in my car, but the dealership that I bought this car from offered me the ambient lighting and satellite radio for $400 cheaper then another dealership that was going to give me a car with the same features minus the ambient lighting and satellite radio for $400 more.  So it was a no brainer.  It was a nicer car for a cheaper amount. 


Here is another color that it changes to.  It's kinda growing me it's definitely cool.


I really like that my car shows me the temperate outside, how many miles I currently have, how many MPG I'm averaging, and how many miles I have left until I'm out of gas!  That is soooo nice!  My old car's gas tank was off and I was always worried and wondering how much gas I had.  It is incredibly nice to have a car tell me exactly how many miles of gas I have left.... you can't even imagine the relief that I feel while I'm in my car.  It's veeeery very nice.  In my old car I didn't think that it was that big of a deal, but now that I've been in this car I could never go back to it.



Here is my radio area.  You can see my screen above.  It's not currently on in this picture so it's a little bit difficult to see.


Of all the area's I've talked about in my car... this area here is probably my FAVORITE!!!  This is my air conditioning and heat!!!  Both of which work VERY well!  My old car was having issues with my heat working in the winter and my air conditioning working in the summer.  It has been sooo nice to have air conditioning the past couple of months!!  Also, there have been a couple of cold days, and I have wonderful heated seats in my car. And they are just terrific.  They warm up REALLY quickly, and they really warm me up quick.  My heat also fires up fast which is very nice compared to my old car.  I was driving to Bendix this winter and I'd be able to see my breath almost the whole way there, because it just took my old car forever to heat up.  Not this car!  :)  It's on the ball!


Here are my wonderful seats.


Here is a side view of my car.


 Here is my trunk.  There is some decent room inside of it.  My car is kinda on the smaller side, but it works great for me.


Here is the back view.  I'm very very happy about my car choice.  It looks nice, feels nice, and it gets great gas mileage.  I think it was the perfect first big purchase for me.  I feel like this will be a great car for me for quite sometime.  I bought an extended warranty on the car for up to 6 years, so hopefully it will last me a bit longer than that!  :)  I just love having a new nice car that I don't have to worry about having problems.  I really like all of the little extras that my car has.  I LOVE the heated seats and I'm so glad that I didn't settle for a car without it.  I like that the gas tank is capless, or that it doesn't need a cap, that's very convenient.  In the end it took a while for me to get my car, and I was very stressed out about that.  I almost considering cancelling my deal at my dealership and going somewhere else, but for the price that I paid for my car and that value that I got from it... I'm really glad that I didn't.  I really like the blue color, the heated seats, and the fuel economy package I got on my car.  I did a lot of research on cars... months and months of research before I bought mine, and I'm pretty pleased with my end result!  Let's hope that it runs faithfully for me!


Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...