Monday, October 17, 2011

Hannah and Kyle are engaged!!

Yes, yet another LATE blog!!!  I realize that Hannah and Kyle have been engaged for about... 5 and 1/2 months now... but I figured this blog was better late then never!!!  And since today is the 6th year anniversary I figured it would be appropriate to post this today!  :)  I figured that I would do a little tribute to Hannah and Kyle.  I searched through some pictures (some mine, some Hannah's) to find all of these pictures.  I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't find too many of us during the high school era.  I guess we weren't too big on taking pictures then!!  Or if so I just don't have them on my computer or on Facebook/Myspace.  So enjoy the pictures and memories below!


After almost 5 and half years of dating Kyle proposed to Hannah!!  I remember when Hannah texted me and told me that they were engaged!!  I don't want to say that I completely didn't see it coming, but I was pretty surprised none-the-less!


Now I'm pretty sure that this is a picture from our Junior Winter Formal dance.  I'm pretty sure that this is the second dance that Kyle came to Ridgeville for.  I think the first was home coming!  I remember very distinctly the first time that I met Kyle.  He and Hannah and a few other people were going to a haunted house, and I was staying home to watch Sam for the night.  I also remember the next weekend I went to a haunted house with them and I quickly realized that Kyle was a very nice guy, and I was really happy for Hannah to have found him.  He probably doesn't remember it, but he randomly bought me a hot chocolate at the haunted house and won my allegiance forever haha.  I remember always wondering why Hannah didn't have a boyfriend all throughout middle school and high school, because I always thought she was so sweet and pretty.  I guess it turns out she was waiting to meet her future husband!  I'm glad that she didn't settle for some other random guy, and that she ran into Kyle. I think it's amazing that Hannah and Kyle met on Myspace (but then again that was pretty common back then).  I think it's even more awesome that it flourished into a 6 year relationship, and eventually a marriage.  Pretty cool.



Here are Hannah and Kyle the following year.  I'm not positive, but I think this might be our Junior Prom?  I swear Kyle has always been a trooper... throughout all of the dances we went to he always came with us to pick out and try on dresses.  I don't know who we are going to have to carry all of our bags and watch our purses while we shop for wedding dresses!!!  Yikes!  That's ONE dress you don't get to come with us to pick out buddy!!  Haha!


Here is Hananh and Kyle at a bonfire!  Fun fact about Kyle... he is a regular pyro!  And I say this in a sibling teasing way.  Kyle loves playing around with fire!!   Hannah and Kyle have always been my "couple"  for the longest time I always just hung out with the two of them, and whenever I've had a boyfriend they've usually welcomed him with open arms.  I know in high school we double dated a lot, and had a lot of fun nights like the bonfire above.  We spent many a nights at Denny's!!  MURRRR!!  (They'll get it)  We've been to numerous haunted houses together, Cedar Point quite a few times, bowling, and all kinds of other stuff!  I can't wait until we are all older and have a little bit money so that we can all go to more exciting and fun places together.  :) 


Ahhh yes... and here we are back to pictures of dances.  I searched and searched, but I swear the only times we must have taken pictures back then were during dances.  If not, Hannah must have taken the pictures because I don't have any.  :(  And worst of all Hannah deleted her Myspace which was where I was hoping to pull some pictures off of, but I think you can still see time progressing with the dance pictures.  This was our Senior Prom!  This is Kyle and Hannah in the limo we rented.  Hrmm I wonder if the next picture of Hannah and Kyle in a limo will be in the wedding clothes??  :)


Here are my two roommates during our freshmen year home coming game!  I say my two roommates, because while Hannah was my actual roommate during Freshman and Sophomore year I feel like I got to hang out and see Kyle a lot during those years too.  No one could ask for better roommates!  Everyone always told us "You can't room with your friend, it'll wreck your friendship."  I completely disagree!!  I loooved living with Hannah, and I miss living with her so much now.  I loved getting to see her everyday and getting to hang out all of the time.  I think I really took it for granted back then how much we got to see each other and hang out.  Now that we've grown up a little bit, and see each other once a month if we are lucky... I have a deeper appreciation for all the time we got to spend together.  Oh what I would give for all of those high school nights, and early college days back.

 

 But... maybe getting older doesn't necessarily mean the end of the "good old days."  It means it's time to start new memories and eras of life.  I'm so proud of the both of you!  Hannah I know that you worked really really hard to get your nursing degree!!  Good job girl.  I can't wait to see where you end up getting a job!  I hope that you are able to stay around here!!  And Kyle, I'm getting a business degree myself so I know the difficulties of getting a business degree and job!  Good luck buddy!  Isn't it amazing that the two of them graduated at the same time?  A lot of people start college together, but not a lot of people finish it together.  And I mean that literally and figuratively.  I know that college is a hard time to stay in a committed relationship, and I have to commend the two of them for getting through everything together and staying together all throughout college.  You don't find a lot of couples with that kind of dedication to each other.  But then again a lot of people don't find the right person for them in high school either.


But then again... I don't think that you are going to find too many college guys that can buy you a ring like this!!!  But that's Kyle for you.  Kyle has always been very good to Hannah.  This is the mega ring, but I'm pretty sure that Hannah has quite a few other nice pieces of jewelry from Kyle too!!  I love how Hannah and Kyle have always celebrated their different anniversaries and holidays with each other.  I know when they first started dating they celebrated all of their monthly anniversaries, and of course now they are celebrating their yearly anniversaries.  I think it's really cute how they have always celebrated everything. 


First comes marriage... then comes... two sugar gliders in a ball basket!!  I know that Hannah and Kyle have been looking into getting sugar gliders for a long time, and I am really impressed with how much they care about their sugar gliders and how well they take care of them.  I've always known that Hannah was a very maternal person, I mean I've been playing house with her since 3rd grade, but I was extremely impressed with Kyle and his paternal instincts.  I know that they aren't going to have any problems parenting together, and I can't wait to experience that with them!!  I'll be the baby sitter while they go out to celebrate their various milestones!!  :)


 I know that I've told Hannah and Kyle this before, but I'm truly happy for them and I'm excited to help them plan out their wedding!!  Not that they'll need the help!  They seem to be on top of things!!  But I'm excited to experience this next stage of life with them!!  Here's to marriage and continuing life!
So I guess I want to conclude by saying congratulations!!!  And I can't wait to see what the future holds!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...