Sunday, October 16, 2016

New Camera!!!

For what seems like forever to me... I've been wanting to get a good camera!!  I've always had the smaller point and shoot cameras, and I've finally decided to upgrade to a DSLR!  I researched for weeks before I finally ended up going with the Nikon D5500.  I debated between buying this camera and the Nikon D750.  The big difference between the cameras is a full frame sensor (D750) and a crop sensor (D5500).  At first I really was set on getting the full frame sensor, but then I started watching some Youtube videos on the difference between the sensors and I ended up figuring that it didn't matter THAT much for what I'm going to use my camera for. I'm not taking professional wedding pictures or anything like that... so I decided that I didn't need the SUPER nice DSLR camera.  While the Nikon D750 is a more professional camera and probably takes a little bit better pictures, it was heavier and over $1,500 more expensive than the D5500 that I ended up going with.  I had heard that the Nikon D750 does really well in low light, so I was really nervous to see how the D5500 would do.  But as you'll see below...  I'm quite pleased with it!


I had to go into work early on the day that my camera was supposed to be delivered and it was supposed to rain.  So of course, I was stressing out the whole day hoping that it would be ok!  Luckily it was delivered after Cody had gotten home from work.  When I got home that night, I was like a little kid on Christmas!!  I was soooo excited.  I bought a camera bundle off of Amazon so I had all kinds of accessories that came with the camera too!

 
So of course I spent hours watching YouTube videos trying to figure out how to work the camera.  I still have TONS to learn.  I am considering joining the Cleveland Photography Society and taking a class with them to learn more about photography.  Right now I have the basics down and I'm playing around with the camera.  I am still getting pretty good pictures with it... especially compared with what my old camera did.


Here is the first picture I ever took with my new camera!


Of course my cats are my favorite models because they can't run away from me!!  Hehe!  Here is Cosmo.


My camera shutter makes a clicking noise before it takes the picture...  Cosmo was quite interested in this sound... haha


Then he sat up and let me take a good picture of him.  My other cameras never took the picture fast enough to get a good picture of the cats!!


My little ham saw me taking pictures of his brother and he had to get in on the action too...  Love this one of him too!!


Oh my gosh!  I was actually able to get a picture of them both looking!!  I think this new camera is promising!



Ok funny thing...  This was the first time I used the camera and it had the flash on... and clearly it was blinding Dex.


I kept trying to figure out how to turn the flash off...



And he starts walking over to me and I'm trying to get a good picture of him... so I'm trying to turn the camera on to a different mode so that the flash wouldn't be on but it kept coming back on.


I like to call this picture...  "Come on mom!  Figure out how to turn off the flash already!"



There we go!



Love this one of them!!


So this picture might not seem too interesting... but this was in pitch dark!!!!  I can't believe how crystal clear this came out!!!   I was so amazed!!! 

 

Here is a picture at the Bellagio fountains with my old camera that we took last year.  We took SO many pictures and this was the best one that we could get...



Here is a picture of Cody in front of the Bellagio fountains with my new camera.  BOOYA!!!!


Look at the detail!!!   I love how good this camera does at night!  It takes such good pictures!!  Love it!  The only downside is that it is pretty big, so I can't put it in my pocket like I could with all of my old cameras.  I also have a lens cap and have to pull the lens out before taking pictures... so while the camera does take pictures fast... I feel like my timing is a little bit slower initially until I actually get the camera out.  But I honestly can't say that I can compare the pictures that I get with it, with the ones from my old camera at all.  At night, everyone had DSLR camera's out in Vegas and I was excited to be one of those people with mine too!! 


As I was loading up my Vegas pictures, Cosmo was up in my business right next to me so I snapped him haha.  Talk about your close up!  Love this new camera!!  I can't wait to see what other pictures I get to take with my new camera!!  Love it!!


Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...