Friday, June 10, 2016

Anniversary and Memorial Day

I can not believe that our first wedding anniversary has come and gone already!  Despite the fact that Cody and I didn't actually get to see each other on our actual wedding anniversary this year... (boo working on different shifts :( )  We did have two fun filled weekends around our anniversary.



First on Saturday night, we went to Carrie Cerinos.  When we choose Carrie Cerinos as our wedding reception venue, I was excited because I knew we could come back there every year for our anniversary.  So it was a nice first anniversary tradition.  I ordered the chicken picata that they served at our wedding.  :)

On Sunday we hung out the whole day together and went to Cedar Point.  We try to go to Cedar Point every year, but we didn't make it there last year.  So this was the first time that we got to ride Rougarou (the Mantis with new seats) and Valravn.  Once we got to the park (oops on missing the exit and having to drive an extra 45 mins to get there...) it was a perfect day.  The lines weren't really that long and it was a nice temperature (if not slightly chilly towards the end of the night).  The only lines that we really had to wait for was Cody's favorite, Maverick, and the new coaster, Valravn.  Ok... Valravn wasn't worth the 2+ hours that we waited for it (it kept breaking down) and to be honest by the time we made it to the top of the line I was so over that coaster... so I'm hoping that the next time I ride it, I'll be a better mood, but it is still a cool new add to the park.  I think Millennium and Maverick are still our two top favs...
 
Cody and I agreed not to get each other anything but cards this year... so I was so surprised on our actual anniversary when he had a dozen red roses waiting for me when I got home from work.  :)

Cody and I froze a couple pieces of our wedding cake last year and we were hoping that we did it right and that our cake would come out well the next year.  During my lunch break, Cody texted me and told me that we froze our cake perfectly and that it still tasted amazing!  I was SO excited to try the cake.  At our actual wedding I only ended up having the bite of cake that Cody fed me, and I never made it back up there for another piece.  So the whole rest of the night at work... I'm like mmmm... wedding cake... can't wait to eat it...  So I get home, put the piece on the plate, take the lovely picture above, and then I stood up to walk to sit down and eat it....  on the way to sit down... I couldn't resist... I took a bite.  And to my horror... in complete slow motion... the piece of cake dropped and fell to the ground.  I was like nooooo!!!!   I'm not going to lie... I totally 5 second ruled it and I picked it up and totally ate it anyway!!!  Lol!  Another catastrophe... later on that night I hear a wave of water spilling.  I head out and I see that my cat knocked over the vase of flowers Cody got me.  My goodness was it hard cleaning up all that water!  But I guess it makes a funny story...


This was my anniversary Facebook status.  :)


This was Cody's.  :)


 
Now onto Memorial Day Weekend...  Yay for long weekends!  Boo for Cody having to work it!  However, we still had a really nice weekend.  On Sunday morning our neighbor knocked on our door and surprised us with Indians tickets.  We had bleacher seats right by Chief Wahoo and it was a really good game.  The weather was absolutely perfect and it was a fantastic day for a game.  Darn on the Indian's not actually winning, but it was a close/good game.

 
On Monday we had a bunch of people come over for a little impromptu cookout.  Here is one of the last belly pictures of my dad!  A couple days after this picture he went and got the bariatric surgery done and should be losing this belly in no time!  Matthew, Robyn, and the girls got to see our house for the first time this weekend too.  We had a nice time hanging out with everyone our neighbors, mom, aunt Karen, uncle Gary, and uncle Johnny also came over.  So overall pretty good weekend.

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...