Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Graduation!


After 5 years I finally graduated from BGSU!!  At first I wasn't all that excited about the graduation ceremony.  It didn't really feel like a big deal to me, but once I got there I was excited about it.  I'm glad that I had a graduation ceremony, but I wish that BGSU wouldn't have limited the amount of tickets that they give out to people. Luckily that didn't affect me, but I know a lot of people were upset about it.



All graduates had to come to the Stroh an hour early. Basically we just stood around in a room and talked with each other. We were able to line up next to anyone that we wanted, so the names were not in alphabetical order. The supply chain management section of the college of business stood and lined up together. I think that all of the different specializations in the business college stayed together. It amazed us all how many people that we did not know that were in other specializations than us, but of course I knew more people from that group than I did from the college of Human Development. They had about 600 graduates compared to our 184. I think that I knew maybe three people from their whole group!   Here I am with a couple of my friends.  My friend Isaline on the right is from France and she is studying abroad right now.  She is getting a dual degree from her college in France and Bowling Green so she was able to walk with us.  In France they never have any graduation celebrations so this was her first graduation, and she was extremely excited and happy during the whole ordeal.



Here are a few people that I know that are in Supply Chain Management.  There is a picture of all of the Supply Chain graduating seniors floating around on Facebook somewhere.  If I find it I'll post it.




Here are all of the graduates walking into the Stroh.  I think that I was able to spot my cheer group before they spotted me.  I saw my dad frantically looking around for me. I only had 6 tickets and there were 7 people attending my graduation.  I spotted my Uncle Bobby, Uncle Gary, and dad first but from that I assumed my two aunts were there as well.  I was walking quickly so I didn't have a good chance to look at everyone.  I was afraid for a second that my mom went to the over flow area in Oslcamp with my grandma, but I hoped that that wasn't the case.



Here I am waiting to sit in my seat.  I kept looking over to my group and pausing to give them a photo opportunity, and it looks like someone got me!  Everyone was so busy trying to get pictures of me that no one cheered!!  Well I take that back... I did hear one person yell... which was my dad.  I was thinking as I crossed the stage that at least dad cheered!




Here is the stadium with all of the graduation.  There were over 1,700 graduates this spring!!  In my graduation time slot there were over 700 graduates.  Of those graduates only 184 were from the College of Business.   We were all joking about how long the process was taking.  There were a couple speakers that lasted just too long.  It was amazing how we all wanted to walk, but we didn't really want to be at the ceremony for a long time.  I think that the most exciting part of the whole process was either getting my name called as I walked across the stage or moving my tassel to the left side to signify that I was a college graduate.



My mom and dad's family drove separate from each other, and I wanted them to be able to meet up so that my dad could give my mom tickets to get into the graduation so I gave my dad my cell phone so that they could stay in touch.  I did not even think about how I would meet up with them after the graduation!  I didn't even tell them a spot to meet me.  I was able to get out of the gym first so I was searching and searching for them!  There were SO many people there.  It took forever to find them!  But I spotted my mom and dad first!



Dad got me beautiful roses!  Aren't they so nice!  I was so surprised that he had them, because when I saw him earlier he didn't have any.



Here is mom and I!  I thought this was a good picture of us.



Here I am!  I think that this was probably my favorite picture of me.  I was very excited to take a bunch of pictures with everyone.




Here we are with grandma.  I think grandma was a little bit confused on what was going on but I was glad that she was there.



Here is the gang! 



Here is Aunt Karen and I!


Here I am with Uncle Gary and Aunt Karen


Here I am with my mom and my god mother.



Here are the four of us!  I wanted a picture with the my mom, god mom, and grandma!

Here I am with my Uncle Bobby and Aunt Darlene!  They were SUCH a huge help in getting me moved out of Bowling Green!  I don't know what we would have done if they hadn't come!  Plus I learned that my Uncle Bobby is Hercules!  Who knew!


Here I am with dad, Aunt Dar, and Uncle Bobby.  I like this picture a lot!  I was so happy that I was able to share this special day with everyone.



When I graduated high school I had a picture with me beside my car at the time!  Here I am with my new car!  I feel like such a big girl now.


I wish that I had my high school pictures on this camera so that I could compare them next to each other.  I'll have to look at my old camera chip and see if I can get them on here, and then maybe I'll do a now vs. then blog!



Here we all are at Famous Daves after we moved me into my new house with Cody!!  Cody, dad, and I had an All American Feast at Famous Daves!  It was sooo yummy!  By the time we got to the restaurant I was starving.  It was great to get to sit down and eat with everyone.  Dad kept singing a silly Happy Graduation song to the theme of the Beverly Hillbillies.  Even though I don't think that was his intention haha.



Here I am with Cody!  I had to get at least once picture of the two of us together.  Cody had to work and wasn't able to come to my graduation.  I didn't have my robe on and my hair wasn't as pretty as before... but at least I had on my BGSU hoodie!  :)  My next blog will be about our new house!  That is once we get it unpacked!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...