Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

I was super excited for this Valentine's Day.  It was the first time that I had ever been in a relationship on Valentine's Day.  Every year I've always been single and been by myself... but this year was very different.  Cody and I had been dating for about 8 months when Valentine's Day came around this year.  I was really stressing out about what to get him because I wasn't really sure what a good thing to get a guy on Valentine's Day was exactly.  I felt a little bit of pressure...  So I asked him what he wanted, and I ended up getting him a chocolate Reese heart and a card.  Cody and I didn't actually get to spend Valentine's Day together but we did get to see each other the day before.


First thing on Monday morning (the day before Valentine's Day) we woke up to someone knocking at my door around 9 in the morning, and I was very unsuspecting so I was like.... what the heck??  Who is at my door?  Cody got up before I did and he went to answer the door.  I walked into the living room to see what was going on and I saw him with a big box in his hand.  He kinda hinted that it was my Valentine's Day present... but we actually went back to bed for a little while before I got to open it.  When we came back out he had me turn around and he set it up for me.  I thought it was so cute that he'd had flowers delivered to me.  Last Valentine's Day I had flowers sent to me at work by a guy and I thought it was the sweetest thing ever!!  And Cody knew that so that's why he had them delivered to me.  The flowers came with that pretty red vase, a teddy bear, and a sweet card.

Here is what the card said:  "A red rose is defined by love, beauty, and respect.  A white rose means purity and heavenly.  A pink rose means appreciation and admiration.  All of these words describe how I feel about you.  Melanie I think you are beautiful, respectful, and genuine.  I admire who you are as a person and appreciate everything you do for me.  Most of all I love you with all my heart.  - Love Cody"

Isn't that just the sweetest card ever??  I was so touched!  It was so sweet. It was so good that I had to ask him if he'd written it himself because it seemed like something that Hallmark would come up with... but he guarenteed me that he wrote it himself.  He's such a sweetheart.


 Here is a better view of my beautiful dozen roses.  I love that they are all different colors.  Here it is March 13th a month since I received them and I still haven't had the heart to throw them out yet!!  They are just too pretty and too touching.  I love flowers they are the perfect Valentine's Day gift... anything else is really just too much.


Unfortunately on Monday I had class from 2 until 5:45 so I had to leave Cody at my apartment for a while.  At first I thought that he might just go home, but he surprised me by wanting to stay.  I was really happy because I didn't want to say good bye that early.  When I came home from class he had made dinner for me.  He made sauted kielbasa with garlic and it was yummmmy!!!  Then he made shrimp scampi, rice, and corn on the cob.  It was a delicious meal!!  Overall, we had a really great Valentine's Day even though we didn't actually get to see each other on Valentine's Day.  I think we both agreed it was the best Valentine's Day either one of us had ever had.


Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...