Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bendix CVS

I know that this post has been a long time coming.  I think that everyone knows now that I worked at Bendix in Elyria for 8 months during last spring and this summer.  I think that Bendix was a great experience for me!!

I learned sooo much from working at my coop.  I swear, before I thought that I was pretty good at Excel, but after like the first week of my coop I learned that there was sooo much more to learn!!  I feel like now I am a little bit more competent at excel.  I also got to experience some other programs; such as SAP, microsoft outlook, and other systems.  I think this knowledge going forward will help a lot.  Especially, because my group of co-ops made indepth training documents on a lot of daily tasks.  I think going forward to my new job... wherever that may be... I will be able to take these documents and figure a lot of stuff out on my own.  Very helpful!  I'm very excited that we have these training documents.

I really wish that I would have posted my about my doings at Bendix while I was there, but alas... I was a blog slacker.  A lot was going on for me during this time period.  I had ... 3 love interests during this time?  Which seems pretty crazy to me!  Here I hadn't really dated in a long time, and during my coop I ended going out with three different guys.  When I first started working at Bendix I was talking to Alex a lot, then I ended up dating Mark, and finally I started dating my current boyfriend Cody.   =)

  Not to make up excuses but that took up a lot of my time.  Let alone being at work 9 hours a day!  I think that Bendix was the longest that I ever had a consistent job.  The waking up and working everyday was a big adjustment.  I love having my spare time now, and I'm truly going to enjoy my last year at college!!


Anyways, back to my coop.  I honestly believe that I was on one of the best teams at Bendix.  I was able to do so much with my group.  At first I was a little bit intimidated by the fact that the group I was working on was so diverse.  My original thought was that it seemed like everyone had very different distinct personalities in our group... which proved true.  I ended up really liking this though.  I think that is it great going forward, because I feel like I've worked for someone with just about every personality type that you are going to find in the work place.  Also, it was great because my group was very supportive.  I got to a lot of supplier visits, and I got to go to our plant in Huntington.  I got to take a GD&T training course, which is basically about how to read and label engineering drawings.  It was a long class, and pretty boring at times but I really think that it was beneficial.  I'm glad that I was included in being able to take the class.  I also got to experience a wide variety of training classes while I was there.  On my daily tasks I was given a good amount of responsibility and I was kept busy which I liked.  I also got to manage a summer help student which was a unique situation for me.  I have been managed before, but I've never really done the managing.  So that was an interesting switch for me.  It's a lot more difficult than you would expect!!

I feel like I learned a lot about purchasing overall at Bendix which is a large part of Supply Chain Management.  I liked purchasing, but I really wish that I could have a coop in planning just to see if I like that part of supply chain management too.  However, being the practical person that I am... I realize that there are a lot of opportunities in purchasing, and I feel that is at least where I will start out as in my career.

Overall I would have to say that my experience at Bendix was very positive and very beneficial.  I really liked it there, and I'm glad that I choose to work at Bendix.  When I was at the job fair I interviewed with quite a few other companies, and I received a few other offers.  Bendix had been my first choice all along for various reasons, but I'm really glad that they gave me an offer.  I was treated very well, paid excellently, and I feel like I learned a lot.  If anyone is looking for a coop I would highly suggest Bendix.  Bendix is a fantastic company with a lot of great individuals working there.

In my upcoming posts I am planning on showing off my apartment and new car!!  :)  Stay tuned!  I actually have some free time to blog every now and then now!  :)

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...