Monday, June 20, 2011

In a relationship...

Yes the Facebook status is true!  Cody and I made it official tonight.  :-)  Cody and I have been hanging out for a good month and half now, and I've really been wanting to start date him for a while .  I've just been waiting for him to ask.  :-) 

Sooo how did it happen you might ask??  Well we were in his basement hanging out, and talking a little bit.  I'm going to BG this weekend, and I was teasing him that I was going to be single while I was there.  Then the next weekend I am going to New York with him to his home town to meet his family, and I was asking him how he was going to introduce me to everyone, and he didn't have a response to that.  Yes.. I know... very subtle.   So he asked me if I wanted to make it official, and we were kind of talking about it.  Right as we were like... soo... are we official now?  Are we dating??  Leaf (his cousin's cat) jumped up onto Cody and walked right inbetween us.  It was like the perfect mood breaker.  It was pretty funny though.  He jumped up just at the right exact worst moment.  It was like he had been watching us all night looking for the most opportune moment to interrupt us.

So after Leaf interrupted we kind of sat there for a little while, and eventually I was like... sooo we're dating right??  I wasn't sure, because we've talked about dating before.  And Cody was like yeah I do want to date you, and I do want you to be my girlfriend... and I was like ohhh sooo...  then he promptly said "Not that I'm asking or anything."  It kind of threw me for a loop, but he came back with saying that he wanted to ask me more romantically.

I guess he was trying to figure out a good time to ask while at Cedar Point on Saturday, but never could find a good time.  That's ok though.  I'm glad that we started dating tonight.  I really enjoy being around him, and I like him a whole lot.  I haven't wanted to be someone's girlfriend in a long time, and I've almost forgotten what it feels like to be excited and anticipating someone to ask me to be there girlfriend.  I've had plenty of guys ask, but none that I really wanted to date.  I feel like Cody and I met at a good time, and that things worked out really well for us.  We've been hanging out just about everyday for this past month and half so I feel like we are pretty close already. 

A bonus for my dad... his favorite commercial is the new Subway commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D-LsS4MuZk

You'll have to watch it to understand.  Tonight after Cody asked me out we went to Wendy's and I got a baked potato and he got fries.  Well on the drive home I was eating his fries.  And he was like "Hey you're eating all my fries."  To which I replied, "I'm your girlfriend now!  I get to eat your fries!"  I thought it was funny.  I thought of dad when I said it, and I knew dad would get a kick out of it when I got home and told him.  Which he did!!  :)

There's the scoop!  Come back for more stories later on in the week.  I'm hoping to post some more either tonight or sometime this week!

Icon of the Seas Trip Review

The night before our cruise we stayed at Dania Point like we have in the past at the Hyatt.  We got there and tried to go swimming but the p...