Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Operation Beautiful

Today I walked into the girl's bathroom before one of my classes, and there were post it notes all over the bathroom. Some said to have a good day or other words of encouragement. My favorite post it note was this one: It might be hard to make the words out. This was on the side of the mirror and it said "You're so much more beautiful then this -----> could ever show! And it really made me smile! It was really nice. I've heard about operation beautiful in the past, but I had never experienced a post it note before. Operation beautiful was started by the website http://www.givesmehope.com/ the site is full of inspirational happy stories. Someone on the site decided that they wanted to inspire people and brighten up their day, and they posted a GMH story about making a post it note saying "Smile you're beautiful" and hanging it up in a bathroom. After that almost every story on the site was about someone seeing or making their own verison of "smile you're beautiful" Eventually, Operation Beautiful became a spin off and created their own website. Today I finally witnessed my first one! It was very unexpected, and it really brightened my day up.

In the stall there were about 5 different post it notes all in different writing from other girls that must have liked the idea, and I happened to have a pad of post it notes in my backpack so I added my own onto the wall :) I think I might add a couple around the campus sometime tomorrow or Thursday.

Cosmo 2013 - 2024

 Our sweet loving Cosi died on 5/8 at 2:19am.